https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKEsYoRs6Rc

Possibly a UG first.

I received this the other day from the good folks at Andertons (forgot to clean my room before doing the video, but oh well )who are having these on blowout right now. Finally got myself a Jackson that works straight out of the box (Hopefully someone in EG remembers my failed NGD) but yeah, it's a pretty lovely guitar so far. Looks good, plays well. Pictures to come but I feel like a first impressions is covered in the video I did. Can't wait to rehearse with this one, feels so much lighter than my ESP.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Oct 29, 2014,
HNGD Fishy.

PS, skip to like 6 minutes if you don't want to hear the talking.
Damnit, why it has to have a Floyd... Otherwise it would have been perfect for me. V with reverse headstock and no bells and whistles and completely unnecessary (for me) neck pickup and fantastic blow-out price. But I just hate dealing with Floyds sooo much...

Oh, and basswood is mocked unnecessarily. Its cheap but it is still a good tonewood and very light in weight. Very soft though, so in case of V's that ding easily be extra careful when moving around.

HNGD Fish!
Thanks guys!

Yeah, I love Basswood as a tonewood, it's got that even feel to it. Not too much highs and not too much lows. Thanks for the warning about the dinging to it!

The Floyd does suck, but can always block it off if you don't use it.

Playing it today, I really love the guitar but it doesn't half give my hand cramp. Not used to it yet!

Also, watch the video with Closed captions on, the English ones are bizarre
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Oct 29, 2014,
Also, watch the video with Closed captions on, the English ones are bizarre

"...pick this up moms dockery low jocks bikinis..."

WTF!?
Yeah I don't know how they get the translations but they're never correct. Even when the person is speaking english.

They should let you submit your own captions.
Awesome.

Your accent though, what is that? It's like a cross between Geordie and Scouse.

Seems like a neat little guitar.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 29, 2014,
I do like Jackson a lot.
I almost picked up a Kelly a few years ago. I was turned off by the fact that, at the time, it seemed like the only Jacksons with fixed bridges were sub $300 ones. I didn't want a floyd then, but I wanted a higher end guitar.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Awesome.

Your accent though, what is that? It's like a cross between Geordie and Scouse.

Seems like a neat little guitar.

That be right, I live in Newcastle but was born in Liverpool!
Quote by Fisheth24
That be right, I live in Newcastle but was born in Liverpool!

Nailed it.

I live in Wirral, it's only on the other side of the Mersey from Liverpool. And despite being so close to it for so long, I've never gained the abominable accent. Strangers sometimes ask me if I even live here because the queen's English sounds totally martian to them.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 29, 2014,
Nice I got the email the other day from andertons, they seemed to have some good deals on.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Nice I got the email the other day from andertons, they seemed to have some good deals on.

They do, I fancy one of those Charvels... Maybe when I get paid on Friday
Quote by ryanbwags
I do like Jackson a lot.
I almost picked up a Kelly a few years ago. I was turned off by the fact that, at the time, it seemed like the only Jacksons with fixed bridges were sub $300 ones. I didn't want a floyd then, but I wanted a higher end guitar.

Yeah. Thankfully Jackson is bit better now, offering some decent looking hard tails (almost every X and Pro serie guitar has a hard tail version available), but for example if you want a new BC Rich that is not Kerry Kings shovel shite or such your are stuck with a Floyd. God damnit...
Quote by Fisheth24
They do, I fancy one of those Charvels... Maybe when I get paid on Friday

LOL
Quote by MaaZeus

Oh, and basswood is mocked unnecessarily. Its cheap but it is still a good tonewood and very light in weight.

Indeed. It's used on cheap guitars because it's cheap, but that does not mean it's a bad tonewood. John Petrucci's signature Music Man guitars (which are obviously world-class, expensive instruments) are all basswood. The new one has a mahogany "tone block", though.