I'll try explaining this as good as I can

My descending notes sound more stacatic than my ascending notes. I don't know if that's a problem.

When playing cello, if you want to go from F# to D# (4th finger to first) you already have fingers 1 2 and 3 in place. Using this technique for guitar makes descending notes smoother, but it makes switching strings clumsy and tense, since you have to move all fingers at once. You following?
E-----------------
B-----------------
G----------------
D-4-3-2-1
A----------4-3-2-1
E- ------------------

Going from D# to C#, do you move your pinky first followed by the other fingers or do you move all four to their respective fret at once?

I see a lot of guitarists play 4th finger, lift it, then place 3rd finger and so on. It's what I've been doing as long as I've played. Nobody talks about it, except cello teachers. My questions is, should I continue with it, go to the "cello techinque", does it even matter?
Last edited by Saesang at Oct 29, 2014,
It would be more economical for motion already having fingers in place, and then lifting them.

It depends on what you are playing, but in the tab you have shown, I would try to have my fingers down in place, as it will also get you used to stretching.
put your pinky down to hold the C# first, but move your other fingers onto the same string as you're doing it. almost a combination of doing it and not doing it.