Hi just alittle concerned if I use a jack adaptor on my guitar amp with my normal headphones if it has the potential to damage my pricey headphones or my pricey amp and if there is any loss of sound quality?.... should I just buy normal amp headphones? I have no idea help me good people. I want to play loud at 2am in the morning naked and pose in the mirror with my hard wood on display.

my room mates would appreciate it. nobody likes to walk in on a naked man stroking his wood furiously playing hendrix and soothslayer and tell him its too loud

so I would like to begin playing guitar at 2am instead of watching youtube music vids stroking.

but seriously. will it cause any damage?
Last edited by TheGonza at Oct 29, 2014,
What amp? Does it have a headphone out jack?

Assuming it does, the adapter will work fine. Note that you can NOT plug headphones into the speaker out jack(s), regardless of the adapter used. (Unless of course you are trying to destroy things...)
If it's a headphone jack, no damage will occur. Unless of course, you turn the amp up too loud and damage your hearing.
Like Arby said, it needs to be a HEADPHONE jack and not a Line out or speaker jack. These are not the same things.
It doesn't matter what kind of headphones you actually plug in.

EDIT: Just saw the picture. You're good.
so it wont **** up my normal 3.55 headphones in anyway. so worried they **** up headphones most expensive thing ive bought recently so want to use them but alittle worried for any potentiol damage Astro A40 headphones, not goign to use mix amp with it obviously
No more than plugging them into a computer or listening to your iPod will. Expensive headphones are usually better as they will sound better. Unless they are beats. Those never sound good.
Alright thanks for the help guys, know it was a very mundane topic tryed to spice it up a bit. Just wondering how much is this amp worth? it was given to me looks the biz and alittle worried if somebody did a bigger favour than i thought they did
No, they didn't do you a bigger favor than they thought they did. Says "Headphones" right on the jack. That should be the first clue it's ok.
i didnt know about the compatibility of headphone jack adaptors is all, I've used "adaptors" in pc hardware in the past, some cause problems by damaging hardware around it PSU Pin adaptors for example, was wondering if same applied here is all
Quote by TheGonza
Alright thanks for the help guys, know it was a very mundane topic tryed to spice it up a bit. Just wondering how much is this amp worth? it was given to me looks the biz and alittle worried if somebody did a bigger favour than i thought they did

at most it's worth a couple hundred on the secondary market, priced to sell at 100 bucks. i don't know what they went for new, i would guess under 400 usd.
Don't know a thing about that amp, I've used the headphones with several practice amps, works great, always need an adapter, won't hurt amp or headphones a bit.