hello all. im new to this site and could use any advice about song writting and such
The easiest way to start songwriting is to find the guitar riff/set of chords you want. It's easier to force words on music, than music on to words. But when you start writing lyrics, what is easiest, is to write about something that you can relate to, or a personal experience. If you can relate to it, it's more than likely someone else can too. But that's just my two cents. Good luck!
Ive been playing guitar for about 30 years, i wrote a lot of songs, but what i came to understand is is that the most simple, has the greatest outcome.
What is the best way to collaborated songs with other person, they write lyrics, i writhe the song. for example. Is there any such site that can have a tit fir tat musical relationship? What is the best way to collaborated songs with other person, they write lyrics, i writhe the song. for example. Is there any such site that can have a tit fir tat musical relationship?
Quote by bedhead918
What is the best way to collaborated songs with other person, they write lyrics, i writhe the song. for example. Is there any such site that can have a tit fir tat musical relationship? What is the best way to collaborated songs with other person, they write lyrics, i writhe the song. for example. Is there any such site that can have a tit fir tat musical relationship?

Depending on the genre you want to write for, there's probably people on here you could collaborate with. I haven't done it so don't know
I am a storyteller and as such a wordsmith. I know enough about songwriting and music to be a little less than dangerous. I do collaborate in song projects from time to time when the subject appeals to me. I don't believe in forcing the words on the song or the music on the song. In both cases they need to be melded together. I combine my knowledge of rhyme and meter with my understanding of music, like why to use a 7th or diminished chord to suggest and inspire the lyricist, tunester. In these collaborations you need to lose your ego. I way I would do it is seldom the way it gets done. But my suggestions give the other collaborators food for thought and generally result in a superior product.
i appreciate your thoughts on the subject and concur with you., i also write songs and lyrics buts am bored with being my own band.
writing songs has always come easy to me. Usual process is to just sit and write. What I called "free writing". Just put words on paper. Free verse poetry, Iambic pentameter...what ever comes to mind. Later find or learn a riff...work that into a "song format". Do a number of the song/jam/riffs. Amazingly I will find something in my writings which works with the "song". Never planned or forced, and seldom get the lyrics and the riff at the same time.