Hello

I have a footswitch for my Peavey Valveking 100w head, and as expected there is a short quiet period after I push the button.
This "short" period of time is rather long though, and it's pretty annoying at the moment since I need to switch between dirty and clean without delay.

I understand this delay is intentional and exists to "cover up" a click or something that occurs when you switch channels, but it's just so damn long

I could solve this by getting my distortion from pedals, but I'd much rather use the dirty channel that sounds a lot better than dist in a box.

So is there a way to shorten this delay or do I just have to get used to it?
You may need a different FS. I hear the Boss FS-5 or whatever does not have that delay. It is mentioned I think in that massive OP for that thread and also the associated Wiki pages referenced in that thread. Good luck mang.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 29, 2014,
Hmm. Strange. I use a Vox Valvetronix, with the VS12 footswitch, and there is zero delay or silence between switching channels/presets. Or if there is, it's a matter of milliseconds and I've never noticed it. Same with other all-tube amps I've used. I can't imagine why any company would build an amp and intentionally give it a delay (especially one long enough to notice) when changing channels. As far as I'm concerned, that would defeat the purpose of having a footswitch. If my sound output is going to cut out when I change channels, I'd just stop playing and hit the button on the amp face, rather than waste stage space on a footswitch.
Quote by juliusxxrock
Hello

I have a footswitch for my Peavey Valveking 100w head, and as expected there is a short quiet period after I push the button.
This "short" period of time is rather long though, and it's pretty annoying at the moment since I need to switch between dirty and clean without delay.

I understand this delay is intentional and exists to "cover up" a click or something that occurs when you switch channels, but it's just so damn long

I could solve this by getting my distortion from pedals, but I'd much rather use the dirty channel that sounds a lot better than dist in a box.

So is there a way to shorten this delay or do I just have to get used to it?

that's not right, dude. never have i heard of an amp with that 'feature'. sounds more like a defect.
The original Valvekings had this issue that was resolved with a capacitor change on subsequent newer models but we are talking a long time ago, and yeah it NOT a feature.
fwiw, have not experienced this with the original VK footswitch. Not sure of the amp year model tho.