Hey guys, just a quick question about what string gauge you'd suggest for tuning down to Drop C/C#?
I usually play with an Elixir 45-105 set and a 45-130 5 string set, but Elixir don't make anything heavier than a .105 4 string set.

To give an idea of tension preference, I will use the 45-105 for anything down to D standard (E, E Flat, Drop D as well).

Generally, I'll just use my 5 string for songs below D (anything from C# to drop A), but fast runs originally written for guitar are rather more difficult in all fourths, so I've decided to designate my other 4 string to be the set up permanently for drop tunings below D.

This Circle K set would do the job, but shipping them to the UK is massively expensive

So, any suggestions? I want to keep the price low (<£30 would be ideal).
Quote by FatalGear41
Take a look at DR's DDT (Drop Down Tuned) strings:
They were made for that sort of thing.

Thanks for the recommendation!
Do you know how long they stay bright compared to reg. D'Addarios or Elixirs?
Circle K has a tension chart that is very helpful. If you don't go with them because of the shipping, then just try to find a set that's close to them.

http://circlekstrings.com/CKSIMAGES/CircleKtensionChart130105.pdf

*edit*

Bass Strings Online let's you custom build sets (that's where I get my Elixirs), but I don't know what the shipping would be for you. I think you can go as heavy as a 135 with Elixirs through them.
Last edited by ronhoward at Oct 30, 2014,
Quote by CorrosionMedia
Thanks for the recommendation!
Do you know how long they stay bright compared to reg. D'Addarios or Elixirs?

DR makes some damned fine bass strings. They definitely stay brighter than Elixirs, and in my experience, they retain their brightness longer than D'Addarios. Of course; it has been quite some time since I have used any D'Addario bass strings other than their flatwounds.