Page 1 of 2
Hear me out. If you were to look at something that was one dimension lower than yourself it would look flat and 2D. If you were one dimension higher and looked at something "flat" it would be 3D. What would a 4D object look like? All the possible outcomes of a 3D shape all at once. In the 4th dimension time exists as an enabler for that to happen normally. For us, it would require stretching or warping a 3D object thru time. How does that relate to you and me? Well, everything is actually in 4D, we are just seeing it in 3D because of time. When you touch something it freezes and exists while you're touching it, then you let go and it goes back into infinite mode like those plasma mystic ball things you touch with your hand. And that is my hypothesis for the wave duality theory and why things "pick" a place when viewed aka shining protons onto. Whatcha think?
why does the human touch freeze it in time. Do rocks touching other rocks cause the infinite mode to stop? Of course they should. Does the earth itself never go into 4D mode cause everything is touching it? Does air go into 4D mode all the time or no cause it is constantly touching other air molecules? Humans are nothing to the laws of the universe
Quote by Weaponized
why does the human touch freeze it in time. Do rocks touching other rocks cause the infinite mode to stop? Of course they should. Does the earth itself never go into 4D mode cause everything is touching it? Does air go into 4D mode all the time or no cause it is constantly touching other air molecules? Humans are nothing to the laws of the universe

All of your questions are great and the answer is yes. Everything in existence is keeping everything in existence. Everything the light touches is our kingdom. In darkness exists all possibilities and circumstances including duplicate versions of reality. If you go far enough away, and the universe is infinitely big, you will find clean versions of alternate realities.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
All of your questions are great and the answer is yes. Everything in existence is keeping everything in existence. Everything the light touches is our kingdom. In darkness exists all possibilities and circumstances including duplicate versions of reality. If you go far enough away, and the universe is infinitely big, you will find clean versions of alternate realities.

But the universe isn't infinitely large.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 30, 2014,
In a 4D object you will see an extra dimension which is time isn't it? So you're seeing all histories and positions of a 3D object at once or something.

It would be impossible to comprehend.
I think someone just read Flatland.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
But the universe isn't infinitely large.

It is. Just not yet.
I was with you until you brought up touching stuff to freeze it.

Your first half of your post is a train of thought that's been around for a very long time
Last edited by caeser1156 at Oct 30, 2014,
you know light trails from long exposures? that'd be how we'd see in 4D, I think.

Your theory sounds worth exploring. On face value it's somewhat plausible.
Last edited by Banjocal at Oct 30, 2014,
Quote by Burgery
how do you mean

I think he means that the universe eventually will expand to an infinite size. And that is made possible by the fact that the universe is expanding at an exponential rate.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I think he means that the universe eventually will expand to an infinite size. And that is made possible by the fact that the universe is expanding at an exponential rate.

Pretty much. It's effectively infinite now, anyway, since it's so large(and already expanding at such a rate) that a photon emitted at any point in the universe could never reach the 'edge'(even though there isn't one, spacetime being thought to be a torus).
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

expanding at an exponential rate is still just expanding at an exponential rate
Quote by Burgery
expanding at an exponential rate is still just expanding at an exponential rate

It's close enough to infinite as far as we're practically concerned.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It's close enough to infinite as far as we're practically concerned.

i'm not practically concerned
Last edited by Burgery at Oct 30, 2014,
Quote by Burgery
i'm not practically concerned

Yes, but unless there's an end to time(and as far as we know, there isn't), therefore the expansion will continue indefinitely, and thus the universe has an infinite size.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Yes, but unless there's an end to time(and as far as we know, there isn't), therefore the expansion will continue indefinitely.

fixed
Dimensions are arbitrary (depending on your physical model).

I could as well say that the 4th dimension is "temperature", and someone living in this 4D world would be able to see an object with all its possible temperatures at the same time.
Is that true? Well, I could easily create a model of the universe that has a new "dimentional axis" that is temperature, and translate all the results of physics to this new model
unless that's impossible....in which case I couldn't do it I guess
Yet that doesn't mean it's possible for a being to exist that can "see" in this 4th dimention I modelled (or that we could even comprehend what that being would be able to do, based on the other physical stuff we know of).

Same with time. If the current model for our physical world includes 3 spatial dimensions and 1 temporal one, it doesn't mean it's possible that a being could "exist in 4D and view everything at the same time". Unless you can prove it, of course.

Also the general argument of Flatland is made with 4 spatial dimensions I believe, not a temporal one.
But you're not actually really touching anything. Even as you type your little comments. Physics is for stoners
You're too made up for me. Less mascara next time

Wo Ist Mein Sig?
You know when your computer is bugging out and you grab an object (like a desktop icon or folder or something) and then you drag it around and it makes a big consistent stream of that object everywhere you drag it? Thats what I picture for a 3d object when it is expressed in 4d 😕
Page 1 of 2