Title says it all i've got a vox pathfinder 10 which is supposed to be a 10 watts amp but it has 15w written on it O.o
It's 10W RMS. That's the way power from AC is measured.
E.g. my Vox Cambridge 15W says 22W max on it. But it's still a 15W amp.
Quote by The Judist
That's the maximum, rather than RMS, power rating in Watts.
The peak power is 2 or 4 times the RMS power depending on what material you're referring your specs to.

15w is the current consumption, 10w is the amp's power.
Quote by Spambot_2

This. It's a common misunderstanding, seen with incredible regularity on "for sale" sites.
Quote by Spambot_2
The peak power is 2 or 4 times the RMS power depending on what material you're referring your specs to.

I thought RMS = Max / √2

The Vox Pathfinder 10 is 10 watts and sells for about $80.00. The older Pathfinder 15R is 15 watts and sold for $120.00. I have the older Pathfinder 15R and it is an amazing amp. I don't know why Vox stopped making them. It is the loudest 15 watts I have ever heard.
Quote by Rickholly74
The Vox Pathfinder 10 is 10 watts and sells for about $80.00. The older Pathfinder 15R is 15 watts and sold for $120.00. I have the older Pathfinder 15R and it is an amazing amp. I don't know why Vox stopped making them. It is the loudest 15 watts I have ever heard.

It was too good compared to the AC15VR and NT15 so they probably had to kill off the internal competition
15w is the max input power. The output is always less than the input because nothing is 100% efficient. If you feel any heat coming from the amp, that's where the difference is going.