Sorry if this has already been done.

I've narrowed down my guitars of choice but I cannot play them as my local store cannot get either, which one is better?

Also, if you have other suggestions, the specs must be
Soloist or Kelly shape
Preferably passive or good actives that do cleans well (emg 60)
Floyd style tremolo
25.5" scale
Preferably alder and ebony or similar materials (ash for example) for tone
A thin neck
Unglossed/satin neck
Thank you
Last edited by fender starcast at Nov 1, 2014,
I like jacksons myself. Although the necks are thin, the string spacing seems to be wider than most. I don't know the specs but after getting used to my Jacksons, other guitars seem a bit cramped.
Quote by Tremolo Bum
I like jacksons myself. Although the necks are thin, the string spacing seems to be wider than most. I don't know the specs but after getting used to my Jacksons, other guitars seem a bit cramped.

I've never heard this, is this how it will feel if I go from an ltd m series to RG? It's a 12-16" radius
Last edited by fender starcast at Oct 31, 2014,
There's a good chance that the Jackson will feel more comfortable, however in my opinion Ibanez beats Jackson in all the other areas hands down. But the feel of the guitar is the most important factor on whether you should buy it or not, so the Jackson might be a safer bet.
Thanks to all of you for helping me, my concern is that even though the Ibanez has great specs, especially with pickups, the tones woods are geared more towards modern metal, whereas I play more 70s/80s metal (think Metallica/megadeth), but then I play metalcore with my mates on the weekends, would the Ibanez be good at old thrash and cleans? And also will the Jackson sound as tight in the low end and have a punchy tone that modern metal demands?
Last edited by fender starcast at Oct 31, 2014,
Jackson.
Quote by fender starcast
Thanks to all of you for helping me, my concern is that even though the Ibanez has great specs, especially with pickups, the tones woods are geared more towards modern metal, whereas I play more 70s/80s metal (think Metallica/megadeth), but then I play metalcore with my mates on the weekends, would the Ibanez be good at old thrash and cleans? And also will the Jackson sound as tight in the low end and have a punchy tone that modern metal demands?

A basswood body as opposed to an alder body is never going to make your guitar sound like it's always going through a JCM800 or a 5150. The very subtle differences are there, but they're often very exaggerated. The differences are often masked by using tons of gain anyway.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 31, 2014,
I'd go with the Jackson. It's a higher quality guitar IMO. If you can swing a bit more on an Ibanez Premium or a used Prestige, that'd be preferable, though.