I've been playing 6's for nearly 10 years now and feel that it's time to get a 7-string since I listen to a lot of djent/deathcore music. I have a Schecter Damien Elite-6 that I slapped 13's on and use as a baritone guitar and I am extremely pleased with how well it stays in tune (After I adjusted the truss rod to stop it from bowing). I would like to stay with Schecter for this very reason, would a new Schecter Omen Extreme-7 ($429.00) or a used Schecter JL-7 in good condition on guitarcenter.com ($449.99) be a better option for starting in the 7-string range? I've been playing 6's for nearly 10 years now and feel that
The JL-7 is definitely the better guitar. I've also heard rave reviews of the KM-7 if you want to go for the passive pickups and ebony board.
Quote by TheStig1214
The JL-7 is definitely the better guitar. I've also heard rave reviews of the KM-7 if you want to go for the passive pickups and ebony board.

There aren't any KM-7's that are in my price range though, if there were, I'd pick that one in a heartbeat. I'm a much bigger Keith Merrow fan than Jeff Loomis. Both are very skillful though.
Out of those two choices the JL-7 is the one to go to. Also check out the LTD AW-7(all mahogany, neck thru, dimarzio pups) . i managed to score mine for 500$ after taxes from guitar centers used section. Would be a good alternative to comapre to the KM-7 mentioned above. Only difference will be the AW-7 has a shorter scale length comapred to the Loomis and KM.
Last edited by ltdguy27 at Oct 30, 2014,
Quote by ltdguy27
Out of those two choices the JL-7 is the one to go to. Also check out the LTD AW-7(all mahogany, neck thru, dimarzio pups) . i managed to score mine for 500$ after taxes from guitar centers used section. Would be a good alternative to comapre to the KM-7 mentioned above. Only difference will be the AW-7 has a shorter scale length comapred to the Loomis and KM.

I'll definitely have to check that out!
The Loomis! That price is great, hit that shit before someone buys it just to flip it.