So.. the title says it all, I currently own a Yamaha BB300 bass with a seymour duncan J-pickup and a stock P-pickup. I want to upgrade the sound but im not sure what i have to buy, my prefered styles are rock and funk, I do slap a lot and im not getting the sound I need, so please if you can help me I would be pleased
thanks.
You want a set of pickups with some real punch for that sort of thing, so I would go with a matched P/J set of Duncan Quarter Pounders.
I love the Nordstrand NPJ4SE set, but you know... That's me.
Can you give us an example of the sound you're chasing and what other gear you're currently using?
I really like Fender Custom Shop and Seymour Duncan Antiquity pickups. I can't comment on Nordies but I've had QPs before and they ain't great, they're loud and boring.
Quote by Spaz91
I really like Fender Custom Shop and Seymour Duncan Antiquity pickups. I can't comment on Nordies but I've had QPs before and they ain't great, they're loud and boring.

I must disagree. The Quarter Pounders in one of my Jazz basses are first-rate.

Nordstrands are very good, but very expensive. An average P/J set of Nordstrands will run you about US$280.00, so you really need to love your bass to drop such an expensive set into it.
Thanks a lot for the replies! i guess im going for a P/J quarter pound set from seymor duncan, thanks again!