Hey guys,
I need a good overdrive pedal. I've narrowed it down to these two. I'm mainly looking for a low-gain pedal. I know the Vox is low gain, and the fulltone can be low-gain (but also can be higher-gained.) I'll mostly be playing worship music but I still love playing classic rock, blues-rock, and other stuff. I just want some of y'all's preferences, input, and advice. Thanks in advance.
I don't know about the Vox but the FD2 is a frickin' sweet, crispy od. They're noticeably cheaper lately too (thanks to the FD3). If you're just looking for a low gain boost pedal, you could save some money and get an ehx Soul Food. Its very transparent, it won't color your tone and it gets along with other pedals. I use mine as a boost and for overdrive. I like it cause it has the crispiness of an SD1 or FD2 type overdrive, but it tightens things up like a tubescreamer type od.
thanks so much! I'll check out the Soul Food.

Also any thoughts on the VL Sparkle Drive?
I'm playing through a Fender Mustang III, through a Twin Reverb Preset. Sounds pretty darn good for a "fake" copy.

Also using a Fender Telecaster HH
Quote by swagbag123
I'm playing through a Fender Mustang III, through a Twin Reverb Preset.

Keep in mind that modellers tend to not take pedals very well (even through clean settings), so you should try the pedal through your own amp before buying to make sure that it'll sound the way you want to.
Even though the model sounds good, it might not work well at all with pedals. So, as Linkerman said make sure that you try it out first. My friend just recently built a Klon clone that sounds pretty sweet, but when he tried it through a Roland Cube it sounded utterly horrid. So be careful when using pedals with modelling amps.
Agreed with previous two posts. I had a Mustang for a weekend (wasn't completely sold on it to keep around) but my Fulldrive 2 sounded decent through it. It'll get the job done and when you upgrade to a new amp you'll still have a killer OD.
I've had a FD2 for years and have never looked back. It can certainly give you enough drive to get dirty, but the real beauty of it is how transparent the overdrive is. It sings.

I'm sure the Vox could be a great option as well, but as with many on this forum, I have to side with the FD2 for tone, reliability, and quality.
I really like my FD2. I mostly use it as a lead boost, since it's more transparent than my others (though, it adds more high end than my other pedals) and I like what my Lovepedal Eternity does better as an "on all the time" overdrive.

Never tried the Vox.
Quote by MatrixClaw
I really like my FD2. I mostly use it as a lead boost, since it's more transparent than my others (though, it adds more high end than my other pedals) and I like what my Lovepedal Eternity does better as an "on all the time" overdrive.

Never tried the Vox.

I have a white knob FD2. It's the bomb for solo boosting.