So I got a TUSQ nut on my guitar, strat esque type guitar. Tuning stability is about 98% now. Almost never goes out of tune if I tune it up right.

But the problem is, if I pull up on the whammy, the strings go sharp.

A tremolo stablizer should help end this right? I'd like a floating tremolo.

What are some good ones that aren't overly expensive?
The Black Box is on of the better ones that can still be found reasonably easily. I never liked the Hipshot myself.
I just put a trem-stopper on mine. It works great. Check out FU-Tone. The one I got was $25. There are a few other options. The one I have prevents the bridge from floating.
Quote by rickyvanh
I just put a trem-stopper on mine. It works great. Check out FU-Tone. The one I got was $25. There are a few other options. The one I have prevents the bridge from floating.

I'd prefer a floating stabilizer. Mag-Lok looked cool but it's damn expensive for what it is.
Quote by darkwolf291
Tremol-no

Tremolo stabilizer, not tremolo locker.

after bending trem down: everything is in tune fine
after bending trem up: notes are sharp, I have to do a bend down to make it go back in tune

Something that'll pull the tremolo back into position 0 as the string tension and spring tension is failing to do.
The Mag-lock does look interesting. I'd still say the black box from a budget vs useability standpoint. The BB does nothing for dives but when you pull up it provide reverse pressure to push the bridge back into place. It' does make pull ups a little stiffer feeling though, but all trem stabilizers will affect the feel of the tremolo.
Quote by poppameth
The Mag-lock does look interesting. I'd still say the black box from a budget vs useability standpoint. The BB does nothing for dives but when you pull up it provide reverse pressure to push the bridge back into place. It' does make pull ups a little stiffer feeling though, but all trem stabilizers will affect the feel of the tremolo.

Since dives are just fine on my guitar, I might consider this.

I could try to just put more springs on the trem block but even that would stiffen it too right? Stabilizers are more accurate though and more focused on making sure it stays on 0 while you're not messing with the trem.

Either way, I might still need a stabilizer because I do love my double stops.
Yeah more springs will change the way it feels. It'll be much stiffer. There isn't really any way to add springs anyway without doing something on the string side to balance it, like switching to a heavier gauge. I've mainly used the Black Box and the Hipshot tremsetter. I don't usually have much issue with diving either and when I do I just pull up slightly and the BB pushes everything back to true. The tremsetter was just annoying and never worked at all for me. It was suppose to provide stability both ways, but usually just gave me hell trying to get it tuned correctly to begin with. There are other stabilizers out there if you can still find them. I'm thinking Ibanez made one a long time ago that was basically the same thing as the black box but with two arms instead of one. I was quite good from what I recall. These days I mainly play an old Roadstar II with an original edge face mounted so it's dive only. I found that I rarely used flutter or pullups anyway, but that's down to each person's playing style.