I'm having a real hard time tracking down a g3x at a good price, but i have found a few g3s for a little over 100$.

My questions:

Can anyone tell me if there are two versions of the g3? Some of the advertisements say up to 6 effects, some only say 3. Is there updated software or something like that? Can any G3 be updated?

What features would I be giving up by not buying the g3x? If I'd only be giving up wah and volume pedal effects and stuff like that then I'd be okay with it, but if for example the Looper doesn't work without a pedal then I'd be pretty unhappy.
The older versions originally only had 3 effects per patch, the newer ones all have 6. I think you can download an update to the older ones and upgrade them to the newer software though.

The ONLY difference between the G3 & G3X is the expression pedal. If you don't need that, you don't need the G3X.
Quote by GaryBillington
The older versions originally only had 3 effects per patch, the newer ones all have 6. I think you can download an update to the older ones and upgrade them to the newer software though.

The ONLY difference between the G3 & G3X is the expression pedal. If you don't need that, you don't need the G3X.

Thanks Gary. I think you're right but it's remarkably difficult to get a straight answer about this. The lgs doesn't even stock Zoom products, the GC has none in stock, and I can't even find one to try it out as a result.

I don't need the expression pedal. I thought my kids would like it. I think I'll eventually want one but I'm not ready to use one yet. It has occurred to me that the G3 might be easier to store and I might also prefer to have it closer to my face.