So I saw this on a post in a different forum where they pitted bands against other bands in a competition to see who came out on top. So let's try it out ourselves. People will start off nominating metalcore bands they think deserve to be at the top. Only 1 nominee per person. (We'll change that if things are too slow due to the forum being dead).Those bands will be pitted in a 1v1 match. People will vote and the band with the most votes goes on to the next round. The final round determines the best metalcore band of all time. Let the nominating begin!

Converge
They use to do that here years ago. Back in 02-04. It was called the "Punk Rock Olympics" and they would take 4 bands at a time and put them to votes. The hardcore forum went a step further and went for "Best Hardcore Album Ever" and everyone basically agreed that "Poison the Well - Tear from the Red" was the winner across all albums at the time.

If you want to do something like this, I strongly recommend not limiting it to one sub genre because I can tell you right now, it will be boring, slow, and we will only have the regulars voting for Converge or Misery Signals.

Kick it up a notch and put together something that is all inclusive to all "core" type music. You can start off with hardcore, metalcore, deathcore, grindcore, metallic hardcore, and then have all those sub genres compete by themselves and once it enters the final round, we will have the best metalcore, best hardcore, etc, etc, and we can end on the best "core" according to our forum.
Well I mean Malice and the Magnum Heart IS objectively the best Metalcore album ever...
Quote by ChemicalFire
Well I mean Malice and the Magnum Heart IS objectively the best Metalcore album ever...

I finally came to this conclusion a couple of months ago. I've loved it for so long, but never thought about the possibility of it being GOAT. It's pretty much my go-to album whenever people wanna listen to metalcore.
I mean I kinda want to say it's Converge's Jane Doe, but in the end I think that's just the peer pressure talking. Jane Doe isn't even my favourite Converge album.
So for we got Converge, Bullet For My Valentine, Botch, The Chariot, and Misery Signals. Should we keep going or wait?
Quote by deadsmileyface
but We Are the Romans is objectively their best

You did that thing again.
Quote by deadsmileyface
but We Are the Romans is objectively their best

not even close
Quote by Leonid Vilkov
But we can all agree that Botch is up there, right?

i would probably choose them or ETID as my number one for metalcore, yeah
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Nov 6, 2014,
Eat the Iced Donkeys
Ejaculate the Intestinal Diarrhea
Evangelist the Idiot Douchebags
Emulsify the Ionized Deuterium