Hey so I'm the vocalist for a melodic death/thrash band called Level H and we're supporting Aversions Crown and Molotov Solution in a few days.
This is our first international support and the biggest gig we ever played.
We are so out of our depth.
I'm very nervous about how many of our actual fans will attend and how I should interact with the crowd in regards to trying to amp them up, I dont want to be too boring but I dont want to come across like an idiot asking people to mosh and bang their heads if they dont respond or like us

Also no idea what its like running on a professional runsheet, we never done this before.

Also we're not even deathcore in a bill full of deathcore bands so I'm worried people wont like us

We havent got any proper recordings either but we have been selling shirts which we have almost sold out and have about almost 900 likes on facebook and only been gigging seriously since June in our current lineup and genre change

Any advice would be much appreciated
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBCPZ_dNwps
Like seriously I thought there'd be more "professional" musicians who have played support slots for bigger bands or in bigger bands themselves who could give me constructive advice.
Quote by Ultraussie
Like seriously I thought there'd be more "professional" musicians who have played support slots for bigger bands or in bigger bands themselves who could give me constructive advice.

I have. You just need to grow a sense of humour/thicker skin, or you're going nowhere. Just do what you do, and people will take you for what you are.
My band debut'd performing as the middle act at a show. We just introduced ourselves and did our best. People liked us and we met some good leads for future gigs, even though the sound lady accidentally unplugged my guitar during our last song causing us to all **** up. So just do your best because that's all you really can do right?
Just play it like any other show dude. Give it your all and have fun regardless of the crowd getting into it. Most of the time if you're having a great time the crowd will feed off that energy.
Also, get some actual recordings and merch!

I've played with AILD and Trivium within a month of each other at the largest indoor venue in my area so I'm talking from experience.
Look at Bloodshot Dawn for a recent Metal Success story in the UK, they're still unsigned and doing really well. Including Indian tours, slots at festivals and getting supporting Scar Symmetry.
NEVER ask the crowd to mosh or anything of the sort. It's pathetic and embarrassing.
Quote by hemiola
NEVER ask the crowd to mosh or anything of the sort. It's pathetic and embarrassing.

Nothing wrong with asking for a circle pit.

Holy shit, dude make your band tune before you play.
Last edited by Kyleisthename at Nov 1, 2014,
Quote by hemiola

You probably aren't in a metal band that gigs regularly and didn't attend many metal gigs either.
It's a pretty common thing for bands to do, and usually well received if the audience is pumped enough.

TS, just be yourselves and have fun onstage. Do what you want and what comes to you naturally. If you overthink things and try to plan interactions with the audience beforehand, they'll probably appear "forced" and awkward.

And if you feel the audience is responding to you and your song(s) rhythm/lyrics/mood ask for a circle pit, mosh, etc., don't be afraid to suggest it to them. If they want to, they'll do it. If they don't, it's fine anyway.
Last edited by Linkerman at Nov 1, 2014,
Wouldn't worry too much sounds like the whole gigs a joke when you've never even recorded anything and the other bands claim to be an obviously made up genre

Who ever heard of deathcore? Are you sure this isnt a promoter scam?
Are you playing in drop ****ing k. Sounds like you have 3 bassists

I'd definitely be nervous if I was you. That wasn't too good.

Seriously.

Also, in no sense of the genre is that close to melodic death metal.
Quote by Kyleisthename

Holy shit, dude make your band tune before you play.

Why? It's not like they're even playing music in the first place.
At least put out some demos if you want to hear peoples opinions on your music. It's hard to judge by a shitty quality cell phone video.

Quote by chookiecookie
Are you playing in drop ****ing k. Sounds like you have 3 bassists

Drop H, duh
Quote by MinterMan22
advice? stop wearing cargo pants like that you dork

ftfy

cargo pants are acceptable when worn correctly, not with the stupid chains or emo shirts. like this is good:

Your band logo is awful. It looks literally the same as every other band in that awful genre of yours. What's with those kind of bands making awful logo's anyways? Start with changing that.
Last edited by vayne92 at Nov 1, 2014,