Hi all, as you may know i'm after the jet city 20 watt amp, as for the price it seems great.

I am slightly confused though, this is a master volume amp yes? I can only see under the master settings, a knob for crunch, and a knob for overdrive.

how exactly would that work? it is also the same for the pre amp.

I've only ever really seen gain on the pre amp, and volume under the master area.

Hope you can help a slightly confused UG'er.
The knobs under the master are the master volumes, one for each channel. No global master volume though that would control both channels.
Oh I understand now, one is for the crunch channel, and one for an overdrive channel? Or am I wrong?

I'm looking on thomann at them, and noticed the amp doesn't have the cool 333 logo, it just says Jet City, is this a newer version or something?
Last edited by conanwarrior at Nov 1, 2014,
I really want the 333 Logo, It seems on Thomann if I buy it with the cabinet I get the one with the 333 Logo, but the amp alone just has the plain words Jet City on it.

Also, the amp with the plain Jet city words has controls for crunch and overdrive, whereas the 333 logo has controls for Normal and overdrive.

Is one an updated version or something? They are both the JCA22H.
Last edited by conanwarrior at Nov 1, 2014,
Quote by conanwarrior
I really want the 333 Logo, It seems on Thomann if I buy it with the cabinet I get the one with the 333 Logo, but the amp alone just has the plain words Jet City on it.

Also, the amp with the plain Jet city words has controls for crunch and overdrive, whereas the 333 logo has controls for Normal and overdrive.

As far as I'm aware, the amp has just had a panel swap. The internals are the same. They sound great though. I love my 22H and my 100HDM.
Ok, if Its had a panel swap I don't mind, as long as its still the same amp internally. I would've liked the 333 logo though. Maybe they still have them in stock, I have emailed the website, waiting for a reply.
Far as I'm aware they're the same, but don't quote me on that.

And yeah the master controls are the volume, and the preamp controls are the distortion controls.

EDIT: if you contact jet city they might have panels. at one point they sold separate differently-coloured panels. would be worth an email if you really care, worst case scenario you're no worse-off than you are now.
Quote by conanwarrior

Normal is the "clean" channel, while overdrive is the overdrive/distortion.

Honestly, on my old JCA 100, Overdrive was crunchy to distortion, and "normal" was more like a crunch channel with low gain. It definitely cleaned up, but it sounded like it was inbetween a clean and overdrive voicing. It was awesome, and you can crank that channel and get some great crunchy to hard rock tones out of it. The actual distortional channel (Overdrive) has WAY more gain on tap than you'd ever need and it get's super saturated. Not a bad thing at all. You just don't need to crank the preamp gain.
Yeah, the crunch chanel is the "clean" on, but you really have to keep the gain low and probably roll down your guitar volume to get good cleans. To be honest, i find it a bit annoying, but its good if you use cleans only ocasionally. It is a great crunch channel tho.