I dare say there are already some of these threads but i would like to do a rating/brief description for your favourite bands albums, so people new to them can see quickly what the deal is.

For instance I am a slipknot fan so my rating would be...

Slipknot (self titled) 9/10
Arguably the greatest album they have made, full of raw passion and anger.

Iowa 8/10
Another great album, this and the slef titled album were slipknot at their best.

Vol 3 subliminal verses 6/10
Starting to tame down a little here, some good songs.

All hope is gone 4/10
Very dissapointing album. This and vol 3 are the tamer more calm slipknot.

The gray chapter 7/10
A great rise to where they should be, a perfect blend of all albums.

Hopefully you guys will put your favourite bands albums on here.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
The last 2 are Stone Sour albums hurr hurr

I really like The Gray Chapter
yes we have this thread

it's called "where do i even start?" or something like that
burial - 10/10
sick tunes

untrue - 10/10
sick tunes

street halo - 10/10
sick tunes

kindred - 10/10
sick tunes

rival dealer - 10/10
sick tunes

hmu
The Gaslight Anthem

Sink or Swim - 10/10
Incredible debut, timeless classic fan favourite

The 59 Sound - 10/10
A big change in sound from Sink or Swim but equally as amazing in quality.

American Slang - 8/10
An awesome chapter into learning what the band are all about, a little short if anything.

Handwritten - 9/10
By now if you're into TGA then you'll like this as much as the others.

Get Hurt (16 song version) - 9/10
I give this one an extra point as it has definitely proven itself to be a big grower. The length of this album is also much better than other albums.
Quote by steve_muse
radioread

everything 10/10

just gonna go and assume that's a typo

Pearl Jam

everything 10/10
Rainbow

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow - 10/10
Here we have some beautiful songs like Temple of the King and Catch the Rainbow, and some hard rocking tunes like Man on the Silver Mountain and 16th Century Greensleeves, all accompanied by Dio's magical voice and lyrics. All in all, I would rate this 10/10.

Rainbow Rising - 10/10
Only six songs, but oh boy oh boy what songs! Every one of them is a classic. Starstruck will stay in your head for the rest of the day, and Stargazer just blows your mind with its gloriousness. A Light in the Black is a fantastic closer for, in my opinion, the best album of all time: rating 10/10.

Long Live Rock'n'roll - 10/10
Another masterpiece by this phenomenal band. Gates of Babylon has one of the best guitar solos of all time and it gives me chills every time. With Kill the King, and their most beautiful song yet, also known as Rainbow Eyes, this album is definitely a classic. Rating: 10/10.
Quote by steve_muse
^lmao pls smashing pumpkins make U2 mum-rock now, just stop

prog rock is not mom rock by any means

lmao pls radiohead makes hipster vinyl albums now
Mastodon

Remission - 9/10
Most 'extreme' album, very heavy sludge metal with hints of prog rock on some tracks.

Leviathan - 10/10
Modern Classic, more focused than Remission with more experimentation.

Blood Mountain - 9/10
They start getting a tiny bit more accessible with this album, songs are a mix of stoner rock and techy-prog metal.

Crack The Skye - 10/10
Another modern classic, full on prog metal/rock album, melodic and only has hints of the heaviness of the first few albums but makes up for it with the songwriting.

The Hunter - 8/10.
Combines the heavy riff based songwriting of Leviathan with the melody of Crack The Skye. Great album but a little less focused than previous albums.

Once More 'Round The Sun - 9/10
First half of the album is like 70's hard rock like Rush, Thin Lizzy etc, second half is more experimental and is a bit like psychedelic rock/metal.
Between the Buried and Me

Self Titled - 7/10

The Silent Circus - 7.5/10

Alaska - 8.5/10

Colors - 9.5/10. The first half of this album I'd give an 8/10, but Ants of the Sky onwards gets an 11/10. The last half is absolute perfection, and don't even get me started on White Walls.

The Great Misdirect - 9/10

Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues (EP) - 9/10

Parallax 2: Future Sequence 9/10

I wont elaborate on the albums. No-one wants to see that wall of fanboy text.
Last edited by vayne92 at Nov 1, 2014,
Quote by vayne92
I wont elaborate on the albums. No-one wants to see that wall of fanboy text.

I don't mind.
Muse

Showbiz - I'd call this one 9/10. Raw, original, strange, has some beautiful lyrics and lots of soul.

Origin of Symmetry - Anyone not rating this album 10/10 is a ******. Contains multiple riffs that could argueably be best of 15 years. Has everything from angst to latin influence to screeching micro cuts.

Absolution - 9/10. It has a couple of boring tracks imo but then again, Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome is amazing. Hysteria's last solo is pretty simple yet very emotional for me for various reasons, so I cant be really objective about the track.

Black Holes & Revelations: 8/10

Resistance 9/10 Much hate for this album from many muse fans but I LOVE IT. Its a great example of concept album and as someone who was almost shed to tears while reading 1984 Im very impressed by how this album reflects the book & general idea about resistance etc. Exogenesis trio is impressive in terms of classical influence and experimental.

The 2nd Law - 6/10. Ok it has a few nice songs and lots of experimenting. Songs are not bad in their own genre but they are not what I'am used to from Muse. I still like the album but its not at my go to playlist. Still I like how Muse pulled this album out saying "we will do what we wanna do". Respec for that.
Quote by 457undead
prog rock is not mom rock by any means

lmao pls radiohead makes hipster vinyl albums now

prog rock isn't anything to post about lad

what does 'vinyl albums' even mean? Wat? SP produce vinyl too lolwat
Opeth

Orchid - 9/10
Best song is "The Twilight is My Robe"
Some Black Metal influence, songwriting is great but could be better, songs sometimes drag on longer than they should.

Morningrise - 8.5/10
Best song is "Black Rose Immortal"
Similar in style to Orchid but features more acoustic guitar parts.

My Arms, Your Hearse - 9/10
Best song is "When"
A concept album, much darker-sounding than the previous two albums.

Still Life - 10/10
Best song is "Godhead's Lament"
Another concept album, switched to a more Progressive style but still features prominent growls. This is their best album.

Blackwater Park - 9.5/10
Best song is "The Drapery Falls"
Their darkest-sounding album, more use of acoustic guitars and clean vocals. Features one of only two songs with no clean vocals ("Blackwater Park").

Deliverance - 7/10
Best song is "Wreath"
My least-favorite, but still good. The songwriting isn't as good as anything else they've done.

Damnation - 9.5/10
Best song is "To Rid the Disease"
No death growls, no heavy riffs, still one of their best.

Ghost Reveries - 8/10
Best song is "Reverie/ Harlequin Forest"
Another concept album. All but three songs are perfection. Focuses more on a Progressive sound and utilizes Drop Dm tuning which is unique to the band.

Watershed - 7.5/10
Best song is "Heir Apparent"
Most of the album is good. Death Metal influences are much less prominent, features the second 100% death growls song ("Heir Apparent").

Heritage - 7.5/10
Best song is "Folklore"
Probably the least-favorite among the fans, but I think it's still better than Deliverance. No death growls, Progressive Rock with Jazz influences. Some songs feel like several songs slapped together and this ruins the flow.

Pale Communion - 9/10
Best song is "Moon Above, Sun Below"
Pretty much was Heritage should have been. A much better effort at Prog/Jazz fusion than before.
I have to be the only person ever to easily enjoy Origin of Symmetry the least out of Muse's first four albums
Quote by The9

Vol 3 subliminal verses 6/10
Starting to tame down a little here, some good songs.

This is easily the best Slipknot album.

@wwf:

Absolution is my least favourite of the first four myoos albums. The other three rotate for top spot.
Quote by whywefight
I have to be the only person ever to easily enjoy Origin of Symmetry the least out of Muse's first four albums

i hate them all equally
Quote by Eastwinn
i hate them all equally

you're not proving my point wrong
Quote by whywefight

I like Absolution more, but OoS is tops too for sure
Quote by whywefight
you're not proving my point wrong

must the 'least' be unique?

the origin of pedantry
Quote by deadsmileyface
dfhvn

demo 10/10

roads to judah 10/10

sunbather 11/10

the bosse de nage split was also 10/10
Sublime