Hello, I am looking for a new amp that give a good metal tone such as Asking Alexandria, Blessthefall and The Amity Affliction. Here are a few amps that I found on Craigslist.

Line 6: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/msg/4717084445.html

Line 6: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/msg/4720646623.html

Marshall: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/msg/4731508278.html

Bugera: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/msg/4737725573.html

They are all around the same price range, and I was wondering which do you think that would be the best for metal such as the band I sometimes listen to above.

Thanks
I think we're going to see traditional "amps" on the decline, especially in regard to the one-trick-pony amps like the 6505. Even in metal, we're seeing recordings done with modelers.

Live gigs, same thing:

Quote by Robbgnarly
^ I don't agree

+1

I think it's gonna turn into like people with vinyl. There's always a small group who prefer the older format.
Of the amps you posted - the Bugera.

But in all honesty, find a used Peavey 5150 or 6505 combo.
Quote by dspellman
I think we're going to see traditional "amps" on the decline, especially in regard to the one-trick-pony amps like the 6505. Even in metal, we're seeing recordings done with modelers.

Live gigs, same thing:

perhaps but there is a catch 22 with that. no real amps nothing to model. an actual tube amp has a much more organic sound to it and sometimes it's the little imperfections that give the awesome sound. now I to use modeling for recording but that has more to do with ease than desire. with modeling I don't piss off the neighbors and get a very consistent sound. the down side is that I don't capture those magic days I have with my real amps. sometimes the sound is just beyond great (others not so much).
I don't agree either. I have a POD HD 300 and use it with some nice headphones. It's good, way better than my Line 6 Spider for sure. It's not as dynamic, expressive or "full" as my tube amps. My Stiff 90-AD on the clean channel has more going on tonally with just a tone and a volume knob than my best attempt with my POD. It's not close.

Modelers and tube amps sound similar in a lot of instances but the methods of how each go about amplifying a guitar will probably keep them both independently viable options for years to come.
I think Dspellman is right .... you are seeing more and more modelers ..... it's amazing what all you can do with a self powered speaker ...... there will always be tube amps but you can cover a lot of ground with a pod hd and a self powered speaker and not have to lug 500 lbs of gear
http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/PM15A
I went to Guitar Center to day and tryed out the Peavey 6505+ Combo. I was at first very confused because I had never used a medium-high end amp before. But I learned how to use it fairly quick. I love the sound of it and it's #1 on my list. I also tried out a line 6 212 150watt I think it was. I liked it due to all the presets/effects. But I found that a lot of the tones were very silly/childish and or something I would never use. The insane preset was "Eh" compared to the 6505+ Combo. I'll wait and see if anyone else has any opinions and recommendations before making my final discussion.

Thanks

*EDIT* Another thing I like to add that I have always like this song, but not until recently have I noticed a Peavey 6505+ Combo was used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMx8p5u99jg
Last edited by FineVisionz at Nov 1, 2014,
Wouldn't ignore some JCA heads. I liked my JCA 100h way more than my 6505+. It was heavy as all hell, was nice, thick and meaty. I also found it to be less fizzy than the 6505+ combo I just had to use as a backline for a few gigs. You can find them pretty cheap .
I've followed heaps of people using a Pod straight into the PA. My RM100 blows them out of the ****ing water every single time.

Good choice on the 6505+. Now stick a decent speaker in it.
Quote by Katsock
Wouldn't ignore some JCA heads. I liked my JCA 100h way more than my 6505+. It was heavy as all hell, was nice, thick and meaty. I also found it to be less fizzy than the 6505+ combo I just had to use as a backline for a few gigs. You can find them pretty cheap .

Yep, solid advice here. I really like the JCA's more than any Peavey stuff I've tried (Heresy I know)
Nah, man you're safe. Soldano > Peavey at both ends of the spectrum. Mike's the man.
Quote by Cathbard
Nah, man you're safe. Soldano > Peavey at both ends of the spectrum. Mike's the man.

Oh yeah, absolutely. That said, USA made Peaveys are damn near indestructible, but then so is everything Soldano makes.
Peavey are good and for some things it's what you need. Soldano's just better at what they do than Peavey is at what they do. Let the war begin.
Quote by Cathbard
Peavey are good and for some things it's what you need. Soldano's just better at what they do than Peavey is at what they do. Let the war begin.

Can of worms, opened
^ I like the JSX and SLO100 equally.

Also, the Peavey 6505+ head sounds different from the 6505+ combo.
Make it a 20th Ann Shiva with Reverb and matching cab! Deal?

Soldano amp has certain something that Peavey can't seem to capture, I'd say personality, even soul....but that price kinda makes me drool after me the same way I drool for a Panamera.
It's the way they can get serious distortion without become all compressed. They're just more open and have a better conversation with you. They listen to you and do what you tell them to do - they don't interpret it for you. I can dig why some people like that compressed Peavey sound. But it's not really for me.
I don't have any Peavey styled modules in my RM100 - but I do have a SLO one. But hey, that's me.
I have been tempted so many times to buy a 6505 and in time I still might, apparently I am addicted to gear or something. Thing is, once I got the RM100 the thought of having a 6505/5150 module was not appealing. The SLO immediately jumped out as well as the Diezel, which is why I ordered the Diezel and once that gets back the SLO will be underway.