Page 1 of 4
So this week's top 10 was "Scariest Album Covers". #2 on this list was Mayhem "The Dawn of Black Hearts". On this cover was a picture of a man with his head blown off, a shotgun by him and his wrists slit. Reading the article I learned that this was a real picture of a crime scene and the man was a member of the band. He had committed suicide and the band thought it would be a great idea for him to be on the cover of the next album. I don't suggest looking at it because it is very graphic.

I have a big problem with this. This website doesn't allow curse words or nudity, but goes and posts such a graphic picture itself? Please take it down.
so he slit his wrist then shot his head off, guy knew how to suicide properly at least
Out of all the gory depictions of things on album covers, that one in particular offends you? Go look at Diminished's 'Chainsaw C*nt' (yes, its an album).
Quote by EpiExplorer
Out of all the gory depictions of things on album covers, that one in particular offends you? Go look at Diminished's 'Chainsaw C*nt' (yes, its an album).

I can't understand how you misunderstood the thread... even the title is straightforward.
Quote by ehbacon
I can't understand how you misunderstood the thread... even the title is straightforward.

And I cant understand why a 14 year old thinks he can change the censorship rules of a website just cuz you don't like a static 20 year old photo of a dead guy.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
You had a pedestal to petition for the allowance of curse words and nudity, and instead you chose to get this taken down?

they've said on multiple occasions that they won't change nudity rules
get the fuk over it. people like you make me even more tired of humanity. it was a poll of scary album covers, what do you expect? the andrex puppy? shit like that (mayhems album cover) happens everyday and pictures are taken and put all over the internet. so, whats the problem?! youre just complaining for the sake of it. get out and have a life away from the internet, get laid, have fun and experiment
Quote by EpiExplorer

Guess what, those covers pictures aren't real... This is.
Quote by EpiExplorer

For a lot of people, there's a massive difference between something that's:
1) Just a bit of artwork that somebody has drawn or some make up and props.
2) A real photograph of somebody that is actually dead that has actually committed suicide.

On one hand, I think that the photo deserves to be in the particular top 10, but I understand how it could make somebody feel knowing it's real. At the very least, there should be a link to the photograph for those who want to see it rather than just being there for people to unwantingly come across it.

Quote by metalli_head
get the fuk over it. people like you make me even more tired of humanity. it was a poll of scary album covers, what do you expect? the andrex puppy? shit like that (mayhems album cover) happens everyday and pictures are taken and put all over the internet. so, whats the problem?! youre just complaining for the sake of it. get out and have a life away from the internet, get laid, have fun and experiment

It happens every day, but most of the time you have to actually search for that kind of thing to come across it.

I also don't see the correlation between 'getting laid' and 'not wanting to see a real photo of a guy who committed suicide'.
Last edited by link no1 at Nov 1, 2014,
Quote by metalli_head

what a post
Quote by metalli_head

lmao
Quote by metalli_head
people like you make me even more tired of humanity.

wow dude. ur so dark and edgy
Quote by metalli_head

Here's an experiment. Try and do to yourself what the guy on that album cover did.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
You had a pedestal to petition for the allowance of curse words and nudity, and instead you chose to get this taken down?

good grief what a crappy gif

it has like 5 frames
Quote by mp8andrade
I'll be ok with it as long as they allow nudity from now on.

Post some and see if they do.
Quote by Tempoe
so he slit his wrist then shot his head off, guy knew how to suicide properly at least

I can't even hate, he really got his money's worth

also that doesn't look like a photo. what sort of shitty cameras do they use in Norway
Quote by metalli_head

you're 28?!?!
I remember seeing that album cover on facebook. It was up for hours if I remember correctly.

I also remember the same ppl showing a picture of black veil brides or someone waring a Death T-shirt, I laughed and clicked the comments and the was shotgun suicide and discussed batman meme.

World a interesting place is it not?
lol artical.

Oh hey I've seen that before. Kind of old news already though. Had loads of controversy.

Quote by ehbacon
Please take it down.

Please. I've seen TONS more scarring things on FB. Specifically, in the comments of some image that get shared like crazy.

If you want to get mad at anybody here, get mad at black metal for inventing this 'brutal is metal' image. It's really dumb. But really, all black metal is. imo anyways, before I get flamed.

Also, if it helps, try to put yourself in a hardcore detectives shoes because they have to go through this stuff almost everyday in person.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Nov 1, 2014,
Quote by sonic_hippy
After I think about it, boobs are way worse than suicide photos.

can't tell if sarcasm...

Edit: I just now figured out I spelled article wrong, I hate that word. One of those words I can never remember how to spell.
Last edited by ehbacon at Nov 1, 2014,
Quote by Joshua Garcia

Please. I've seen TONS more scarring things on FB. Specifically, in the comments of some image that get shared like crazy.

Facebook =/= Ultimate-Guitar

"As a vegitarian, I'm disgusted to find this vegeburger has traces of meat in it"
"Please. I've seen TONS of sausages with traces of meat in them"

Quote by Joshua Garcia

If you want to get mad at anybody here, get mad at black metal for inventing this 'brutal is metal' image. It's really dumb. But really, all black metal is. imo anyways, before I get flamed.

Yea...He committed suicide because 'black metal is brutal'. Pretty legit logic right there.

Quote by Joshua Garcia
Also, if it helps, try to put yourself in a hardcore detectives shoes because they have to go through this stuff almost everyday in person.

A detective would have willingly chosen to become a detective and would have known that viewing images of dead people regularly was part of the job.

Ultimate-Guitar isn't the type of place you're expecting to see real photos of suicide victims posted by the website itself.

I mean, this is the site that censors the word ******* (Kit-chen)...You would think that a real corpse would be out of the question as well.
Last edited by link no1 at Nov 1, 2014,
Quote by link no1
Yea...He committed suicide because 'black metal is brutal'. Pretty legit logic right there.
If brutal wasn't metal they simply wouldn't put such images on album covers to show they are brutal -> metal.
Quote by link no1
Ultimate-Guitar isn't the type of place you're expecting to see real photos of suicide victims posted by the website itself.
You've been surprised today, good for you!

Now though you make this seem a problem because you didn't expect to find such image on such website.

Would you ask these guys to take down the picture of three unicorns dancing to macarena?
Quote by ehbacon
I have a big problem with this.
And what would this problem be?
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Nov 1, 2014,
Quote by mp8andrade
I'll be ok with it as long as they allow nudity from now on.

No surprise the Russian overlords are ok with pictures of mutilated bodies but not boobs.
Quote by ehbacon
and the band thought it would be a great idea for him to be on the cover of the next album.

Great ideas didn't stop there. Necklaces were made with parts of his skull. That's as kvlt as it gets.
Last edited by damian_91 at Nov 1, 2014,
Quote by link no1
Facebook =/= Ultimate-Guitar

"As a vegitarian, I'm disgusted to find this vegeburger has traces of meat in it"
"Please. I've seen TONS of sausages with traces of meat in them"
I'm really not understanding what you're trying to say here. That metaphor isn't helping either.

I suppose they're the same in the sense of finding graphic material where not appropriate at unexpected times. But then again, that's true for almost any site. My only point was, of the things to be taken down immediately, that ranks a little low compared to what I've seen on FB spammers.

I could tell you specifically, but I'd rather not scar your thoughts trying to picture them.

Nowhere did I even as much as imply that. I'm saying that as a black metal band, Mayhem intended to fit the brutal image. Then they start getting stupider and next thing you know you have a suicidal picture as your album cover.

A detective would have willingly chosen to become a detective and would have known that viewing images of dead people regularly was part of the job.

I mean, this is the site that censors the word *******...
I wasn't implying this either. It was just a thought. Nothing more. It may sound silly, but knowing there are people out there who see worse on a daily basis sort of helps me cope with the memory of those graphic images. Because if they can do it, so can I. Or something. Or I can at least try.

Your interpretation needs work, my man.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Nov 1, 2014,
It is pretty hypocritical.

People have been banned and threads have been closed for much less potentially offensive things here on the forums. And the forums aren't even the most visited part of UG. I'm sure plenty more people visit the front page alone than the forums, many of whom may be young kids just looking for guitar tabs.

Notice also that I said "potentially" offensive. Meaning of course not everyone is going to be offended by it, but a real, graphic picture of a guy who blew his brains out has a higher potential to offend and shock people than plenty of other things.
Quote by metalli_head

post of the year candidate
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I'm really not understanding what you're trying to say here. That metaphor isn't helping either.

If I'm not mistaken, he's saying that UG is a safer, more innocent website than facebook. You shouldn't have to worry about seeing pictures like the one in the article; but if you go on facebook you should be prepared for whatever you see.

When you eat a vegeburger you don't want or expect to be eating any meat, but eating a real meat like sausage you are obviously going to be eating meat, so comparing the two wouldn't be logical.
Page 1 of 4