What are the main differences between the 700 and the 500 series of the guitar, besides the headstock?
The IC500 has a Gibraltar bridge and the ICT700 has a string thru TOM bridge. Other than that, they are effectively the same guitar.
Quote by TheStig1214
The IC500 has a Gibraltar bridge and the ICT700 has a string thru TOM bridge. Other than that, they are effectively the same guitar.
What's better?
Quote by cthulhucometh
What's better?

Really up to you to play both and see what you like better. My IC300 has a traditional TOM, but I also have an Ibanez with a fixed bridge like the Gibraltar. I don't really prefer one over the other. Though I play more technical stuff on the regular fixed than the TOM. This is all my personal taste, but I'd go for the 500. I like the feel of the Gibraltar against my hand vs a TOM and imo an Iceman should have a 3x3 headstock.

Whichever one you get, though, I suggest repositioning the strap buttons, they both have some neck dive issues.
Quote by TheStig1214
Really up to you to play both and see what you like better. My IC300 has a traditional TOM, but I also have an Ibanez with a fixed bridge like the Gibraltar. I don't really prefer one over the other. Though I play more technical stuff on the regular fixed than the TOM. This is all my personal taste, but I'd go for the 500. I like the feel of the Gibraltar against my hand vs a TOM and imo an Iceman should have a 3x3 headstock.

Whichever one you get, though, I suggest repositioning the strap buttons, they both have some neck dive issues.

The strap buttons are in the tradition spot. I'll have to go look again about the bridge, because if it's the same bridge I'm thinking of that you are mentioning, it has a different bridge, becuase I have an Ibanez I never play becuase the bridge is uncomfortable. And this one was comfortable.
Last edited by cthulhucometh at Nov 1, 2014,
This sort of bridge and strap buttons?:

Where those strap buttons are (same with the 500) causes neck dive issues. My Iceman has one where the neck meets the body (between all the bolts, as it has a bolt on neck) then one under the tip on the end of the body as opposed to over it.
Quote by TheStig1214
This sort of bridge and strap buttons?:

Where those strap buttons are (same with the 500) causes neck dive issues. My Iceman has one where the neck meets the body (between all the bolts, as it has a bolt on neck) then one under the tip on the end of the body as opposed to over it.

Yes, my ESP has the same bridge and I like it. And the buttons are the same. However they have the Dragonforce model too, has a Floyd trem and the buttons are on the back side of the body. So yours is like the Dragonforce model with the buttons on the neck and backside?
Last edited by cthulhucometh at Nov 1, 2014,
Yeah it's preference. And yes, my buttons are like the Dragonforce model, totally fine, no neck dive.
If it wasn't for the trem, that's the one I'd buy, but I personally dislike trem bars. But like you said, I could always get them relocated.