Good day,

I bet you guys get a ton of these requests. Know that I'm only doing this as my mind is tearing apart from the choice I need to make.

I'm a complete utter noob and I've narrowed down my first guitar to either the Ibanez RG450DX or ESP LTD M-100FM. I'm hoping you guys could give me a tip or two on which one I should get. Please include reasons and mods (if there are any). Below are the music genre's and bands I hope to play:

Music Genre:
Rock, metal & alternative.

Bands:
3 Inches of Blood, AC/DC, DragonForce, Black Sabbath, Bullet For My Valentine, Children of Bodom, Foo Fighters, Greek Fire, Guns & Roses, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kiss, Megadeath, Metallica, Motley Crew, Motorhead, Overkill, Ozzy Osbourne, Powerman 5000, Rise Against, Tenacious D, Three Days Grace, Van Halen, Whitesnake, etc.

Thanks in advance for your aid fellow rockers!

Cheers,
G
You'll get a bit more versatility out of the Ibanez with the HSH setup. Couldn't tell you the quality of either one's stock pickups though.

Considering they are so similar, I couldn't give you a recommendation on specs alone. You should just try to play both and see what you like.
I wish I could play both, unfortunately there aren't any within my state. I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me there were none in my country. I was planning to order this online and hope that it arrives in a playable state.
Last edited by Brutal_Legend at Nov 1, 2014,