Page 1 of 3
Hey guys,
I'm new to this forum and pretty new to guitars, I admire them, and I love listening to them, but I've never owned one.

What Id like to know is: what do you think are the coolest best sounding, best looking guitars out there (in your opinion)? Like if you could get 10 guitars for free, what would they be?
I've looked around a tiny bit and I think the Gibson Les Paul Traditional Bigsby looks pretty sweet
Thanks
i mean i hate to be the generic-y answer person but it really does just depend on preference. musically and other things, among other things.
Quote by chrismendiola
This is an incredibly vague question and you likely won't get any serious responses.

Hi,
I'm sorry if I'm being too vague, I just want to know what guitars are "cool" or trendy. I hear some of my friends talk about guitars and I have no idea what they're talking about.
I'm obviously new in the guitar crowd but don't you guys have a mental list of guitars you really want or have?

For example I love sports cars, I look at them and wish I had them, but I don't (mostly because they're way out of my price range). But I always imagine if I had the money, which one I would get and in what order.

Does that make more sense?
Thanks
Quote by caeser1156

Hello caeser1156,

I am posting to inform you that the picture you posted is a picture of a Macbook Pro. This is a laptop computer, and is not a guitar. This thread is asking about guitars that you like.

Please try to keep your posts on topic to the thread at hand.

Thanks,

Baby Joel
UG Team
Quote by BencySpency
Hi,
I'm sorry if I'm being too vague, I just want to know what guitars are "cool" or trendy. I hear some of my friends talk about guitars and I have no idea what they're talking about.
I'm obviously new in the guitar crowd but don't you guys have a mental list of guitars you really want or have?

For example I love sports cars, I look at them and wish I had them, but I don't (mostly because they're way out of my price range). But I always imagine if I had the money, which one I would get and in what order.

Thanks

Guitars being 'trendy' hasn't been a thing since the 80's.
Quote by BencySpency
Hi,

Thanks

Get an 8 string and play some djents bro.
Quote by BencySpency
Hi,

Thanks

I'm not sure what's cool and trendy in guitars right now, but yeah, I have a mental list of guitars that I'd buy if I were to win the lottery tomorrow.

- PRS Mira
- PRS McCarty
- Gibson ES-335
- Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe II 1960s
- Gibson SG Special 2015
- Carvin CS4
- many Fender Stratocasters (namely Eric Johnson sig, definitely a Fender CS built to my specs as soon as I know more about them)
- Fender American Vintage Telecaster '72
- Martin OM-21
- Martin 000-28EC
- Taylor 514CE
Quote by chrismendiola
I'm not sure what's cool and trendy in guitars right now, but yeah, I have a mental list of guitars that I'd buy if I were to win the lottery tomorrow.

- PRS Mira
- PRS McCarty
- Gibson ES-335
- Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe II 1960s
- Gibson SG Special 2015
- Carvin CS4
- many Fender Stratocasters (namely Eric Johnson sig, definitely a Fender CS built to my specs as soon as I know more about them)
- Fender American Vintage Telecaster '72
- Martin OM-21
- Martin 000-28EC
- Taylor 514CE

Took a look at all of them, pretty sweet!
Thanks man
Quote by Baby Joel
Hello caeser1156,

I am posting to inform you that the picture you posted is a picture of a Macbook Pro. This is a laptop computer, and is not a guitar. This thread is asking about guitars that you like.

Thanks,

Baby Joel
UG Team

I'm sorry babby. I was confused. Sometimes I don't know what a guitar really is. It's kind of hard stuff. I'll try to educate myself before I post next time.

is this better?
Quote by caeser1156
I'm sorry babby. I was confused. Sometimes I don't know what a guitar really is. It's kind of hard stuff. I'll try to educate myself before I post next time.

is this better?

Hello caeser1156,

I am posting to inform you that the picture you posted is a picture of a banjo. This is a banjo, and is not a guitar. This thread is asking about guitars that you like.

Thanks,

Baby Joel
UG Team
I've been digging the late 70's/early 80's Les Paul Customs with the Kahlers on them. They're yummy. Other than that, mostly Jackson and Charvels. It's weird, my taste in guitars has taken a weird 360. Started out with Les Pauls, went awhile where I only fucced with radical shapes (had 2 RR's, a Kelly, GAS'd for a Firebird), and now, 7 years later, I'm back to LPs lol
Quote by Baby Joel
Hello caeser1156,

I am posting to inform you that the picture you posted is a picture of a banjo. This is a banjo, and is not a guitar. This thread is asking about guitars that you like.

Thanks,

Baby Joel
UG Team

I'm sorry again. I really am trying my hardest.

Quote by caeser1156
I'm sorry again. I really am trying my hardest.

Third strike and you're out buster.
Singlecuts like the Les Paul and Telecaster. 80s style hot-rodded Strats. Most traditional-styled dual humbucker guitars. One of my favorite guitars of all time is the Fender Esquire.
Quote by Baby Joel
you shut your dick hole that you call a mouth or you're next
woah woah calm down buddy i am your buddy remember? hey remember that time you were all like 'lol ug heres some lyrics you wont understand until youre older' and i was all like 'now thats what i call cool lyrics bro' HAHHAHAHHHAAHAHHHHAHAAHAA yeah those were some good times HAHAHHHAGHHHHAAH
If you don't get a PRS you're a nerd, and being a nerd will never get you laid.

/thread
Quote by Joshua Garcia
woah woah calm down buddy i am your buddy remember? hey remember that time you were all like 'lol ug heres some lyrics you wont understand until youre older' and i was all like 'now thats what i call cool lyrics bro' HAHHAHAHHHAAHAHHHHAHAAHAA yeah those were some good times HAHAHHHAGHHHHAAH

you're back on my good list

You can play anything on them, provided a decent setup

Without the trem, don't want to deal with that ish
oh sorry baby joel surely you understand how very easy it is to misstype Jon with Baby Joel no?

Yas.

So everybody should just shut up and love baby joel.
Page 1 of 3