Have anyone tried the ESP Ltd Gus G EC 600?
If you have does it have a fat neck or a thin neck?
And overall thoughts on the guitar...
Thanks in advance...

Relative to what? What are your benchmarks for fat and thin?
Quote by jpnyc

Relative to what? What are your benchmarks for fat and thin?

Fat as of the Dean 'V' necks, Epiphone necks and
Thin as of lower end esp ltd models
Oh, come on, guys. You know what a generally accepted fat or thin neck is. There are too many people on EG being unhelpful for you two guys who know your stuff to be terribly picky.

The nut width, heel width, and scale length are essentially the same as a Les Paul Standard. You'll notice, probably, that the profile on the back of the neck is flatter, definitely more of a D shape than your standard Epi/Gibson necks. It's still on the fatter aspect of neck feels, though.
Quote by JustRooster
Oh, come on, guys. You know what a generally accepted fat or thin neck is. There are too many people on EG being unhelpful for you two guys who know your stuff to be terribly picky.

The nut width, heel width, and scale length are essentially the same as a Les Paul Standard. You'll notice, probably, that the profile on the back of the neck is flatter, definitely more of a D shape than your standard Epi/Gibson necks. It's still on the fatter aspect of neck feels, though.

I have to disagree on that one. They're not Ibanez thin, but they're definitely on the thinner side. I've owned a lot of LTDs and the "Thin U" profile is kind of like a somewhat thinner and flatter Fender Modern C.
While I can't disagree, the binding and width of the neck makes it feel fat to me, however, you're talking to a Strat and Tele guy.
Quote by JustRooster
Oh, come on, guys. You know what a generally accepted fat or thin neck is.

I'd rather go for what TS defined as fat/thin specifically, so that the guitars to be recommended to him closer fit his needs. Schecter necks for instance are average in thickness, but loads of new players complain that they're too fat. If TS wanted a neck that was 'average' as far as he sees it, he'd be in for a surprise when he buys his Hellraiser to find that he hates the neck.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 2, 2014,
I got a chance to try the neck, but i couldnt plug it...
What are your thoughts on it? Is it better compared to the dean dime series or is it just another overpriced signature guitar like dean?
Quote by oneblackened
I have to disagree on that one. They're not Ibanez thin, but they're definitely on the thinner side. I've owned a lot of LTDs and the "Thin U" profile is kind of like a somewhat thinner and flatter Fender Modern C.

Interesting, I felt my ESP thin U to be completely opposite, more like D.
For a signature model it looks to be a decent value. It's comparable to an EC-1000 series for the most part except you're getting Active Seymour Duncan Blackouts instead of Active EMG 81/85 or passive Seymour Duncan JB/'59. The scale is 25.5 with 22XJ frets as opposed to a standard Les Paul 24.75 scale with 22 or 24 frets.

I have an E-II Eclipse with the Thin U Neck and it's very similar to my Jackson necks. The Neck Profile isn't listed for this Gus G EC 600 but his other LTD signatures use the Thin U but who knows.

I'd say the hardware used and the price match up pretty well. Now it depends on if it feels good and sounds good to you and you like the graphics for the extra flash. ESP cases run an extra $120 or so if you want the matching one.
Quote by metalmingee
I'd say the hardware used and the price match up pretty well. Now it depends on if it feels good and sounds good to you and you like the graphics for the extra flash. ESP cases run an extra $120 or so if you want the matching one.

Thanks, now i can happily buy the guitar with no worries

Btw does the esp locking tuners stay in tune nice?
Last edited by hkgokul at Nov 9, 2014,