Hello good people in UG land. I have a technical question about my first attempt at customization.

I have a peavey AT200 with the autotune board taken out. I am going to put an MXR phase 90 and a custom fuzz board into the body of the guitar. This shouldn't be a problem as the cavity is already there.

What I want to know is the Peavey had Antares Autotune board installed (which has been thrown away because it was crap!) but the piezo saddles and that wiring is still present. Would it be possible to use these in a midi controller sort of way and if so can anyone recommend a board I could connect them to? Ala Roland GK pickup type of configuration?

I just want a control board to be able to plug/solder them into and then out to the already present midi jack socket on the guitar?

Any help would be appreciated
Last edited by Prawnstar3000 at Nov 2, 2014,
Ok so I am bumping my own thread, but only to clarify that it is a pre amp control board needed for the piezo pickups located in the saddles. There is already a midi socket so I would like to be able to run the preamp to the midi socket whilst connecting the piezo's to the preamp.

Is this possible without costing the earth?
Last edited by Prawnstar3000 at Nov 3, 2014,
If the piezos are in good shape, yes.
Contact iGuitar (dot com) and Graphtech to get started.
Be prepared to find places for 9V batteries and controls if you're going forward with all of this; the cavity may be the least of your concerns.
Quote by dspellman
If the piezos are in good shape, yes.
Contact iGuitar (dot com) and Graphtech to get started.
Be prepared to find places for 9V batteries and controls if you're going forward with all of this; the cavity may be the least of your concerns.

Thanks for your reply.The good thing about this guitar is there is already a cavity big enough to house 2 9v batteries, and the control cavity is more than big enough to accomodate control boards, and wiring.

I will post some pictures when I get home from work which show what I have so you can get a picture of what i am trying to do.
Last edited by Prawnstar3000 at Nov 3, 2014,