and the white letters are hard to read imo (in the blue background)
Last edited by lt mittens at Nov 2, 2014,
Ok thanks guys, i'm not advertising. Thanks for feedback and i agree the text is hard to read on blue.
"I'm an 18 year old self thaught Front end web developer from Estonia."

TAUGHT
A bit uninspired possibly, but definitely not too colorful.

Big problem is, it's a bit hard to read some of the white text being the colorful background so bright, so you might wanna put a black outline to your text.
Or one of the opposite color to the one in that part of the background.

White is a bit annoying though to read.
Not too colorful, but poorly executed. The color and text combination is very hard to read. Either darken the colors or overlay some kind of transparent box around the text.

FWIW, if I were looking for a web designer, this site doesn't really say much about your skill and is a little underwhelming as far as a portfolio is concerned.

Source: I work 40+ hours a week as a graphic designer.
" but i know little design myself. " and thats why no one would hire you. you dont know how to market yourself.

edit: also shape of those colour/graphic is not ideal. It actually has no purpose at all. Yes alright you love colours but why did you create that graphic? What are you implying? It is not attracting viewer to any interest point or doesnt convey any other message other than "COLORS"
Last edited by arcanom at Nov 2, 2014,
Quote by Godsmack_IV
I like how you ripped off the triforce to use as your logo though.

wow lol. nice catch.
Thanks guys! I know my grammar sucks, I'm trying to improve it
I'll make the text more readable
Also, I don't think this is the best place for your age and hobbies. This isn't your facebook page.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Also, I don't think this is the best place for your age and hobbies. This isn't your facebook page.

Will keep in mind Thanks!
It's messy and hard to read, which is what you don't want a functional website to be.

Maybe you've got it covered but I recommend looking into designing of general user interfaces. There's a great book on the subject (maybe the most respected) called The Design of Everyday Things, it touches all the areas of balancing functionality and aesthetics.
Quote by Neer
It's messy and hard to read, which is what you don't want a functional website to be.

Maybe you've got it covered but I recommend looking into designing of general user interfaces. There's a great book on the subject (maybe the most respected) called The Design of Everyday Things, it touches all the areas of balancing functionality and aesthetics.

Thanks man I'll check it out!

Also i'm a web developer, not a designer, i don't know alot about design, but i write the code to make it work. This is one of my first attempts at website design itself.
The Design of Everyday Things teaches good design principles generally. The sort of principles which you can apply to any number of things: writing smarter, cleaner code included.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
The Design of Everyday Things teaches good design principles generally. The sort of principles which you can apply to any number of things: writing smarter, cleaner code included.

Just checked the site again while I was at work to see if there was any difference on a desktop (looked at it on a phone at first) and apparently our firewall has your website blocked under:

"Category: Web Hosting
Reason: BLOCK-MALWARE
Threat Type: othermalware
Threat Reason: Identified as malicious IP. Researchers or users identified possible threats."

Quote by MatrixClaw
Just checked the site again while I was at work to see if there was any difference on a desktop (looked at it on a phone at first) and apparently our firewall has your website blocked under:

"Category: Web Hosting
Reason: BLOCK-MALWARE
Threat Type: othermalware
Threat Reason: Identified as malicious IP. Researchers or users identified possible threats."

It's free hosting and it throws ads at you, i used all of your advice.

Trust me there's no malware
Quote by Rensa
It's free hosting and it throws ads at you, i used all of your advice.

Trust me there's no malware

Yeah, I don't doubt there's no malware, but it might be something to address at a later date. Lots of companies utilize firewalls - if you're trying to apply for a job, they might not be able to view your portfolio on a corporate machine

FWIW, if you want your portfolio to be taken seriously, you need your own domain. Especially considering you're trying to market yourself as a web developer