hola.

lately my music collection has grown difficultly large. i use MusicBee to play music and edit tags but it doesn't give me all the control i want.

i was wondering what software you guys use beyond itunes and winamp and all that garbage. either for playing music or organizing it. or both.

because i'm so particular i'm tempted to write my own utility in lua. lemme know if you have experience with mp3, mp4, and flac buttlibraries.

thanks,
leastwinn
I've used this little program (to good effect) to standardize and organize the naming conventions and file trees for all of my music in the past:

http://www.musiczen.org/

What kind of organization are you talking about
i want to
- clean up the directory structure
- replace any missing album artwork
- get a nice uniform standard for file names
- convert flacs and other dumb formats* to 192kb/s mp3

the software you posted looks like it can do most of that dread, supposing i donate $12 dollars.

*fite me
I just use iTunes. Does everything I want it to do(plays the music, and syncs my iPod - classic, because at the time, I'd have had to spend more than twice as much to get about 5% of the storage on a touch, and **** that).
I just edit stuff manually using the windows file manager, if the ID tags aren't working then I open the song in Audacity and then re-save it and add the tags properly

and I use VLC media player to play music because open souce

I'm really unhelpful I know
Quote by Eastwinn

- convert flacs and other dumb formats* to 192kb/s mp3
*fite me

I'll fookin fite ya, m8.
Quote by captainsnazz
lol having a large amount of actual files on your computer

"actual files"? Is that in contrast to fake files?
^ I think what snazz is getting it is that we should all keep files n' shit on external hard drives
For most purposes iTunes has a very robust organization tool. For conversion, AudialHub for OSX (deprecated but still da best).
I use MP3Tag for editing tags and automatically renaming files, and Any Video Converter for, well, converting. I still have to do the whole folder structure myself though.
And you might call me crazy but I like using Windows Media Player. It has the best library funtions imo (or at least the ones I need...)
windows media player but i dont recommend it. its kinda buggy and seems to have a problem supporting my large collection
Quote by deadsmileyface
seems to have a problem supporting my large collection

Windows, there's a music folder, you can sort alphabetically, by date downloaded, etc., and you can indeed place any artwork you want with it's related music.
Quote by captainsnazz
nah i mean the few things i actually have on my computer are only there cos they aren't on spotify

I do this too but my thing says I have +200 artists. I have customized winamp to suit my needs and I like it a lot
Quote by deadsmileyface
windows media player but i dont recommend it. its kinda buggy and seems to have a problem supporting my large collection

wtf do you also use internet explorer u FUCKING loser
Last edited by Weaponized at Nov 2, 2014,
Quote by captainsnazz
nah i mean the few things i actually have on my computer are only there cos they aren't on spotify

When Spotify goes bankrupt I'll still be listening to my Dusty Springfield collection and you won't be able to haha