Page 1 of 2
As of today, my hearing is ****ed. Everything sounds like it's been put through a ring modulator. I don't knw what has happened.

Really depressed, guys.

Probably kill myself, guys.

Guys.
Quote by guitarist41
Everything sounds like it's been put through a ring modulator.

That sounds pretty cool, actually. Stop complaining.
Decided not to kill myself, guys; don't need to be able to hear properly to eat Doritos or masturbate.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
That sounds pretty cool, actually. Stop complaining.

It's not. I thought my guitar was ****ed, until I listened to my iPod.
Quote by arcanom
maybe you have ear wax issues? go get it cleaned.

I thought about this. I cleaned my ears this morning, and a lot of dark wax came out. It might be the case that I've moved a bit of wax and now it's ****ing with my hearing.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Has it been like that for long ? Don't listen to anything loud for a while and see if it passes.

No, it just started today. I've either ****ed my hearing with my iPod (but it seems too sudden for that), or some wax has moved or something... I think.
Quote by guitarist41
No, it just started today. I've either ****ed my hearing with my iPod (but it seems too sudden for that), or some wax has moved or something... I think.

its the wax man. Go get it cleaned.
I've heard there are these people who can take a look at you and do some stuff and who will then tell you what the problem is.
They're a bit like mechanics, but for people.
Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Quote by arcanom
its the wax man. Go get it cleaned.

Internet sarcasm aside, are you sure, man? If you really think this is the case, I'm relieved.

I was freaking out earlier. Really distressed.
hearing damage creeps up on you, it won't suddenly appear. You've probably got a wax build up, or a cold which is blocking stuff up. All the air passages in your head are connected, so when you're nose is blocked it can mess with your ears too. Don't do anything to make it worse though, and it'd be a good idea to start listening to your ipod with the volume lower in future
Quote by ultimate-slash
I've heard there are these people who can take a look at you and do some stuff and who will then tell you what the problem is.

Prostituates?
Quote by guitarist41
Decided not to kill myself, guys; don't need to be able to hear properly to eat Doritos or masturbate.

words to live by, if we had sigs this would be my new sig.
Did you hear anything really really loud in the last few days?

If it's yucky dark wax that's coming out it could be wax. I've had it where I've had a bath, stuck my finger in my ear and blocked it up for days.

Go to the Doctor in any case as it could be many things.
Last edited by Mephaphil at Nov 2, 2014,
Quote by ehbacon

now im curious how eating doritos sounds through ring mod.
Quote by guitarist41
Prostituates?

No, I think these usually precede a visit to the people mechanics.

Quote by Mephaphil
Did you hear anything really really loud in the last few days?

If it's yucky dark wax that's coming out it's likely to be wax. I've had it where I've had a bath, stuck my finger in my ear and blocked it up for days.

Go to the Doctor in any case.

Doctor! That was it.
You should see a doctor.

But if you're going to a doctor anyway, you might as well visit a prostitute first.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Nov 2, 2014,
Quote by guitarist41

Doritos truly are one of life's greatest pleasures.
Quote by ultimate-slash

with some of the doctors i've seen i think i would've been better off seeing a mechanic
Quote by ehbacon

Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Doritos truly are one of life's greatest pleasures.

I have a whole in my eardrum that's larger then the remaining intact part. I survived
If you're worried (as you should be about your hearing) just go to the doctor soon as possible. You don't want it to be something simple, only to have it be something that will do permanent damage if left long enough.

It could be just 'water behind the ears' (I've forgotten the actual name for it).
After I was pretty ill last year, I suddenly ended up with this for a few weeks afterwards. It was like I was listening to things underwater and I was pretty much deaf for a few weeks. It's something that the doctor said would cure itself (it did) and was just caused because of my previous illness.

If I had to describe what it felt like then I've already mentioned the 'underwater' thing, as well as it feeling like there was pressure in my ears as though wax had settled somewhere uncomfortable.
Quote by guitarist41
I thought about this. I cleaned my ears this morning, and a lot of dark wax came out. It might be the case that I've moved a bit of wax and now it's ****ing with my hearing.

I had compacted earwax once for about a month and a half a few summers ago. It was plain awful. I couldn't sleep on that side of my body because the pressure was too uncomfortable.

If you had or have compacted earwax, you'd most likely feel the discomfort as well as reduced hearing.
Quote by eGraham
I had compacted earwax once for about a month and a half a few summers ago. It was plain awful. I couldn't sleep on that side of my body because the pressure was too uncomfortable.

If you had or have compacted earwax, you'd most likely feel the discomfort as well as reduced hearing.

I got my ear cleaned last summer. After the process my blood pressure dropped for the first time in my life because of pressure change. shit is no fun.
Quote by eGraham

How does that shit even happen? Like, did you not clean your ears out for a long time?
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
How does that shit even happen? Like, did you not clean your ears out for a long time?

Nah, it started when I accidentally pushed wax back without realizing. Then it's just kind of a snowball effect. Not cleaning your ears at all is actually better than that happening.
Quote by eGraham
Nah, it started when I accidentally pushed wax back without realizing. Then it's just kind of a snowball effect. Not cleaning your ears at all is actually better than that happening.

it is not recommended to clean your ears with anything except your pinkie anyway.
Quote by eGraham

Now I'm scared. Did you do that just from normal Q-tipping?
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

Now I'm scared. Did you do that just from normal Q-tipping?

Quote by arcanom
it is not recommended to clean your ears with anything except your pinkie anyway.

Yes. Using a cotton swap is generally recommended against, but I still do it anyway lol.

I just don't go so deep into the canal anymore.
I once felt my ear popping a lot when I was younger so I had the doctor look at it and found a bunch of wax. He cleaned it out with this thing that put pressured water into my ear and a little boulder of wax came out. Gross!
I clean my ears after every time I shower. I can't go more than two days without feeling gross. Is there even a way to clean it without qtips? I know if you're gross and never clean your ears you're supposed to use peroxide but I haven't heard of any other ways.
Page 1 of 2