my current guitar is kinda rough....
Can I get a new gutiar for $100-$150? that can play well? and by that I mean no buzz and low action at it at least sounds decent. maybe room for later mods.

I'm into stuff like metallica Dead rabbits.... And some clean stuff, which is what my amp probably does best... I'm not really sure over humbucker or singles (bands arn't coming to mind right now for some reason)

Some guitars I had in mind:
Squire Bullet HH or SSS $130
Dean Vendetta XM $100

Edit:
Im also into bolt on necks, cheaper to replace then to refret....
prefer full scale gutiar.
Last edited by higgins909 at Nov 2, 2014,
Brand-new, no.

I'd look for an used Yamaha Pacifica 112 -- it has a bridge humbucker and 2 single-coils in the neck and middle positions, so it has the best of both worlds in your case.
There really are a lot of good low end guitars, to the point that if you're not recording/touring then there's almost no reason to spend a lot on a guitar.

I bought an Ibanez RG120 as a gift, and putting gear-head bias aside it played as well as my $800-1,200 guitars, to the point that I wanted to keep it as a backup for them.
Quote by Linkerman
Brand-new, no.

I'd look for an used Yamaha Pacifica 112 -- it has a bridge humbucker and 2 single-coils in the neck and middle positions, so it has the best of both worlds in your case.

I agree. IMO, of all the budget guitars, the Pacifica has the best neck - no need for fretwork, and you can always upgrade the pickups later.
Im just wondering, if 150e will be an upgrade for you, how much did your current guitar cost? Anyway, your best bet is going used, or getting a Pacifica. A used higher range pacifica would be even better.
Quote by gorkyporky
Im just wondering, if 150e will be an upgrade for you, how much did your current guitar cost? Anyway, your best bet is going used, or getting a Pacifica. A used higher range pacifica would be even better.

The gutiar I use is my dads old korea squire strat, its had a few issues, and some of those ongoing issues make it harder to play.

I may just wait till I go to GC one day to pickup some strings, and see if they will let me play some cheap guitar they have, but before that happens I guess I gotta get better at guitar, to test the playability better.
I know 10+ chords
2 guitar riffs...
thats it.
I wanted to play the possibly chords in Gorillaz Kids With Guns, but it sounded completely wrong, so I gave up :/