Hi. Ive been looking at the Randall rg1003h and was wondering if it was any good. Is it like the older ones like Dimebag used? Ive also been looking at the Marshall DSL100h which is a tube amp. I cant find any videos on the randall that arent on an iphone or a computer mic making it sound like crap and I tried a jcm2000 which is apperently the same as a dsl but have not tried the randall. Please help.
The JCM200 DSL100 is NOT the same thing as a DSL100H. Last weekend I used a DSL100H and my rhythm guitarist was into a JCM2000. They were a supplied backline. Both were using essentially identical cabs; I had a 1960A and the other was into a 1960B. The DSL100H was nowhere near as good.
However, it's still better than a Randall RG - unless you are specifically after the Pantera sound.
If Pantera isn't all you want to play, I would recommend finding a proper used JCM2000 DSL100 made after 2003.
He used Krank for a while and that gets it right on as well.
Mxr had the Double shot distortion which nailed it too.
I think that'll be a tone that you'd get bored of really fast, so I'll look into more versatile amp that does high gain, like say Engl.
Dimebag was a great guitarist, but his tone with Pantera sucked balls.

Why, in the name of all that is holy, would you want to emulate that?
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Dimebag was a great guitarist, but his tone with Pantera sucked balls.

Why, in the name of all that is holy, would you want to emulate that?
+ a very large number