Hello!

I do alot of tabs when figuring out songs, typically bass parts . What are some good/fair priced speakers or monitors to use where I can hear all the parts clearly. I'm using cheap headphones right now and their not cutting it.

What are you guys using?

Thanks!!!
Depends.

What's your budget?
Is your room treated?
Do you want headphones or speakers?
Quote by ChemicalFire
Honestly if you're just trying to work out bass lines, get some decent headphones.

More and more people are telling me that. What do you recommend for the $50-$100 range? As far as headphones go.
Quote by Spambot_2
Depends.

What's your budget?
Is your room treated?
Do you want headphones or speakers?

If I go with headphones, I would say $50-$100. Any recommendations?

And for speakers, I was just looking at something cheap and basic. I saw Behringer had a desktop powered set called MS16, and Alesis had a more expensive usb desktop monitor the M1's...

Because I'm just doing the tabbing out thing for songs I need to learn, I don't care about fancy stuff. The MS16's seem good, but yeah for headphones I have no idea.
The normal go to headphones are the Audio Technica M-50's. They'd be perfect for what you wanted. Not sure if they're in your budget though.
Yeah, the ath-m50's are kind of out of my range. I imagine they are worth it. I'm looking for something a little cheaper. I'm just a recreational player in various bands and in church sometimes. Maybe I'll try them out at my music shop and see. But yeah I think headphones are def. the way to go for me.

Thanks for the replies.