I'd strongly suspect that had nothing to do with it. You're worrying about nothing.
In the event that this is a serious question, the causes of ALS are not known at this time. There's a lot of research, especially in the NFL and other professional sports, suggests that multiple concussions, especially those that aren't properly treated, lead to ALS. Heredity also is thought to have a role in it, but a small one at that. There are also genetic mutations that have been found that lead to motor neuron degeneration.

As for how Beck got it, who knows?
I can certainly see how shredding or playing a lot could cause or contribute to things like carpal tunnel or arthritis, but there's no way it's the cause of ALS. As Chris said we don't know for sure the exact causes, but it originates in the brain and nervous system not the muscles themselves.

People from all walks of life have gotten ALS and most of them didn't shred, and there are thousands of shredders who don't have ALS.
^ I'm going to post this in every anchoring thread from this moment on.
Do u have a link saying neck has ALS I did not find any thing
I thought it was Jason Becker that has ALS..., or is "Beck" a nickname?

Keep in mind there is a Jeff Beck also.

Keep in mind also it's late, and I didn't want to do a Google search with a question this inane.
Quote by Captaincranky
I thought it was Jason Becker that has ALS..., or is "Beck" a nickname?

Keep in mind there is a Jeff Beck also.

Keep in mind also it's late, and I didn't want to do a Google search with a question this inane.

Good catch. I missed that, and had subconsciously also mixed up the two.