Hey guys, Happy monday!

I recently came by a free Proton AM-455 amplifier that puts out 330 Watts and I'm shopping for speakers to match up with it. The best set I can find in my area are a pair of Koss CM-1020 speakers, which handle 150 Watts per channel. Some research has told me that these should be able to operate according to what I've read about RMS rules of operation, is this accurate?

Thanks guys.
Quote by snappedstrings6
Hey guys, Happy monday!

I recently came by a free Proton AM-455 amplifier that puts out 330 Watts and I'm shopping for speakers to match up with it. The best set I can find in my area are a pair of Koss CM-1020 speakers, which handle 150 Watts per channel. Some research has told me that these should be able to operate according to what I've read about RMS rules of operation, is this accurate?

More to it than that. Power amps put out varying amounts of power based on the impedance load presented by the speakers.

For example, I have a Carvin HD 1500 stereo power amp that will put out 1500W, bridged, mono, @ 4 ohms. That works just great for a pair of 8 ohm speaker cabinets that will handle 900W each. It will also put out about 800W, bridged mono, @8 ohms, which is just great for a single of the same cabinets.

In stereo mode, the impedance of the indiividual cabinets and the power output per channel:

8 ohms/210w
4 ohms/400w
2 ohms/700w

So you need to know the impedance and power handling capacity of the Koss cabinets, and then you need to know more about what the amp will actually output in stereo or bridged mono modes at that impedance.
The speakers are 4 ohms each and handle 150 watts. The AM-455 will be run in stereo and has 4 twist speaker cable outputs--two stereo tracks. It's hard to be sure about how it operates those tracks because it's older. The only information I have is that it powers 330 Watts.