I have an ltd ec 1000 ctm

i want it to have a pick guard because i like the look

pros and cons of doing this?
just realized there wouldn't be a space for a pick guard. i would delete this thread if i knew how. sorry.
You could make a PG for it, but it wouldn't be the traditional shape.

#quickphotoshoppingftw

You'd have to make room for the controls, so it'd have to have a notch taken out of it.
Using corrosion's mock up, I'm sure you could buy an LP pickguard (or a pickguard blank) and mounting kit, then use a dremel or other trimming device to adjust the pickup placement and do that carve, no reason why you shouldn't be able to.
Quote by CorrosionMedia
You could make a PG for it, but it wouldn't be the traditional shape.

#quickphotoshoppingftw

You'd have to make room for the controls, so it'd have to have a notch taken out of it.

this how COULD I DO THIS!

also, would it lower the resale value of my guitar drastically? it it something i should contact a professional to do or is it fool proof.

Damn, that looks nice.
Quote by TylerKSchrute
Is that a DIY pick guard or could I find one to buy?

I don't see why you couldn't to it if you have a dremel and some patience. Buy a Les Paul pickguard or pickguard blank and mounting hardware. Then cut it yourself. I don't know Les Paul pickup spacing vs ESP pickups spacing, so double check that.
Quote by TheStig1214
I don't see why you couldn't to it if you have a dremel and some patience. Buy a Les Paul pickguard or pickguard blank and mounting hardware. Then cut it yourself. I don't know Les Paul pickup spacing vs ESP pickups spacing, so double check that.

I don't have a dremel unfortunately, =/