Not the exact number of individual text messages or phone calls, but periods of constant texting or talking.
Like 5 messages to one person for 10 min straight, then 5 messages a few hours later to the same person. So that's like 2 conversations in one day.

This has been on my mind for a while.

Some days i'm constantly texting my friends, other days I don't send or receive a single text.

Last week (last mon to this monday) I have had maybe 10 conversations via text (about 20 text messages). I only called my parents, and 1 friend who prefers talking to text, last week.

It makes me wonder how many friends I ACTUALLY talk to and keep contact with, besides school/work...
makes ya feel kinda depressed how bare your social life is (if that matters to any of you lol)
Several dozen text conversations and a few phone calls.

Probably 3-15 a day depending

And I don't even have friends or a social life.
The only person I regularly call/text on the phone is my girlfriend. I usually call her once a day, maybe twice. Other than that, I pretty much only contact people through the phone when I need something.
Quote by chookiecookie
Several dozen text conversations and a few phone calls.

Probably 3-15 a day depending

And I don't even have friends or a social life.

Must be work/family related.
sometimes a few a day, sometimes none a week, fluctuates with whatever is going on.
an ex girlfriend of mine could keep me occupied all day. at the least we text back and forth for a few hours every night.

my old group of friends has a group chat that occasionally blows up with activity. we've all moved away from each other so it's a nice way to exchange banter.

my sister and i text each other pretty much every day.

girl i'm friends with who goes to school in florida has extended conversations with me on some weeknights. usually twice a week or so.

everything else happens on less than a weekly basis or on a weekly basis for less than a month or so. also conversations on facebook.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i pretty much don't talk to anyone right now lol

text me when you see this please
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i pretty much don't talk to anyone right now lol

feels that way since when i starting getting clean i told everyone to fuck off and very few appreciated that.

but hey it's almost been a month so who's laughing now
Quote by MinterMan22
text me when you see this please

hey minterman22 i saw your message on ultimateguitar!
Quote by eGraham
How do you even measure this

do you even read, bro?
I like to enter threads blind and then try to find context. It's not the best method but it's mine o.k.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
hey minterman22 i saw your message on ultimateguitar!

haha text me ya kook!
0 phone calls...0 texts. I never bother to charge my phone, hate people calling me or even when it makes a beep because it always means some stupid client shit. Everything by email or PM, I tell all my clients not to bother phoning me ever, if they try they never get through anyways, if they don't like it fuk them

I do call my parents once a month though
Last edited by Tempoe at Nov 3, 2014,
Quote by TSmitty6
I work in sales.

Probably 100.

This is why I couldn't work sales
usually 20 text conversations a day? And the same number of calls. Calls are all for utilitarian purposes though except when I call my grandma

I'm not really interested in most people if I text them for too long tbh so im a bit selective about that
Depends who I'm talking too. I'll rarely have phone calls but sometimes I'll go for a walk just in order to have a nice 30 minute phone call with someone every other week or so.

I'll text a couple of people throughout the day, probably adding up to about 20-30 texts per person throughout an entire day, sporadically though. What's good about texting is that it's a conversation at your convienience.

WhatsApp though...that can be a hundred or more messages a day in my group WhatsApp with my mates and certain individuals too.
70 minute incoming 55 outgoing for last month. I mostly talk with my family and room mates on phone. Whatsapp with rest of the people. Yet we have a close friends group at whatsapp which never stops beeping. Cant say we talk intellegent stuff tho. Mostly troll pictures and under the belt jokes.

Besides that I do skype for 1-2 hours a day. And chat with 1-2 girls on whatsapp
Do people usually differentiate texts and whatsapp? It's pretty much the same thing to me since most of my texts are automated messages/spam/people above the age of 50.
Quote by guitarxo
Do people usually differentiate texts and whatsapp? It's pretty much the same thing to me since most of my texts are automated messages/spam/people above the age of 50.

I use WhatsApp like an instant messenger so sometimes I'll send like 4 or 5 shorts messages at a time. Texting I'll consolidate those into 1 big message.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I use WhatsApp like an instant messenger so sometimes I'll send like 4 or 5 shorts messages at a time. Texting I'll consolidate those into 1 big message.

Oh that makes sense if you're being charged per text. With friends I type the way I think which is usually a bunch of messages at once. I've only had an extended conversation over text with my best friend because it was actually imessage so I guess that doesn't count as texts either. I'd exceed my text limit in a couple of days if I didn't use whatsapp or fb messenger.
I have unlimited texts but it's really only about 3k so when I'm using SMS I always group stuff I'm saying together so yeah.