i was looking through my old tabs and found this gem from a while ago; idk why i never uploaded it. anyway, you know the deal :P i appreciate any input (though preferably detailed/specific) and ill return the favor

note: for the best sound, turn the reverb up on the solo guitar
Attachments:
Tie and Fly.gp5
Really liked the feel of the music throughout that. Felt a tad generic at times; felt like I'd heard it before e.g opening groove. Chorus 1A was one of my favourite sections. I think the post-chorus was a little lazy though.

The groove stuff after the second verse was pretty cool, and quite different. And I'm getting a bit picky here but I wanted some more note variation in bars 109-110 of the solo i.e not just triplets of the same note. But that's just me.

Not 100% sure about the transition into the pre-chorus the second time round.

Loved the outro though, really liked that last chord of the bridge and then that breakdown worked great for me. Not gonna lie, I do enjoy a breakdown done well still.
Quote by Seb1uk
Really liked the feel of the music throughout that. Felt a tad generic at times; felt like I'd heard it before e.g opening groove. Chorus 1A was one of my favourite sections. I think the post-chorus was a little lazy though.

The groove stuff after the second verse was pretty cool, and quite different. And I'm getting a bit picky here but I wanted some more note variation in bars 109-110 of the solo i.e not just triplets of the same note. But that's just me.

Not 100% sure about the transition into the pre-chorus the second time round.

Loved the outro though, really liked that last chord of the bridge and then that breakdown worked great for me. Not gonna lie, I do enjoy a breakdown done well still.

thanks for the input man. trust me, the post chorus sounds better with vocals. its just hard to replicate screams on GP

i see what you mean about that part of the solo; ill see if i can come up with something. or if youd like, id love to hear an idea you had for it

also, about the transition: i know, i know...thats one part im actually not fond of. im just not really sure how to transition from that dark, heavy riff to the pretty and upbeat pre-chorus. ill try my best to do something better
Fair enough, better off not even trying to replicate screams in GP.

I had a quick edit of those couple bars in the solo (attached). It's nothing fancy, pretty subtle but just something to add a little more variety. At the end of the day it's personal preference though so you might not even like it.

And I chucked in a BTBAM-esque transition into the last pre-chorus. Honestly no idea if it works but maybe that'll spark an idea.
Attachments:
Tie and Fly sebEdit.gp5
ah, i need you to offer more edit ideas. i get the direction you were going for (in the solo); some nice soulful pentatonic wankery. also, i like the first part of the transition (the rest of it that was in the 6/4 part was a bit too crazy for my taste)

ill heavily edit those parts, but thanks for the help. you definitely did "spark an idea"