an over-all rating 4,5 out of 5 stars should tell you something....

basicly it is a Tele-shaped Les-Paul with string-through-body and a bolt-on neck

not bad for the money.....
thanks for the answer paruwi, but concerning the humbucks would those two fit for hardrock/alternative?
Quote by paruwi
an over-all rating 4,5 out of 5 stars should tell you something....

That means nothing.
Most reviews of cheaper gear are made by inexperienced people (who don't know how to actually rate a piece of equipment because of their limited knowledge) and/or by people in the "honeymoon period" (that period of time right after buying something when you still don't know how good it actually is, and when you're more likely to overlook or disregard some of its faults).

I've had quite a few Harley Benton guitars in my hands, and I definitely wouldn't buy one. They may look good in online pictures, but they sound and feel mediocre at best when compared to low-end Yamaha, Epiphone, Squier and LTD guitars that aren't that much more expensive.
Quote by Linkerman
That means nothing.
Most reviews of cheaper gear are made by inexperienced people (who don't know how to actually rate a piece of equipment because of their limited knowledge) and/or by people in the "honeymoon period" (that period of time right after buying something when you still don't know how good it actually is, and when you're more likely to overlook or disregard some of its faults).

I've had quite a few Harley Benton guitars in my hands, and I definitely wouldn't buy one. They may look good in online pictures, but they sound and feel mediocre at best when compared to low-end Yamaha, Epiphone, Squier and LTD guitars that aren't that much more expensive.

This seem to be the keywords from the OP.....

I just want a cheap guitar because i'm mainly a drummer.

BTW it's useful to read and understand reviews....

This guitar got reviewd by PROs, too

Quote by paruwi
This seem to be the keywords from the OP.....

I just want a cheap guitar because i'm mainly a drummer.

That doesn't mean that he wants the first piece of firewood that comes to his hands.

Quote by paruwi
BTW it's useful to read and understand reviews....

This guitar got reviewd by PROs, too

Yeah, and you clearly can't understand them.
Quote by Linkerman

Yeah, and you clearly can't understand them.

Ja natürlich kann ich das, ist ja in meiner Sprache geschrieben.....

sure I can...
Quote by paruwi
Ja natürlich kann ich das, ist ja in meiner Sprache geschrieben.....

sure I can...

You're not the only one who can read german, honey.

And there's understanding and understanding. You may be able to read'em, but you clearly don't know how to filter the useful information from all the unwarranted praise.
Quote by Linkerman
You're not the only one who can read german, honey.

And there's understanding and understanding. You may be able to read'em, but you clearly don't know how to filter the useful information from all the unwarranted praise.

Yeah, I'm a musician for 40+ years....

if I ever need help, I'll ask you

edit

when the knowledge is limited - the rude and aggressive comments will start
as seen in the following posts....
Last edited by paruwi at Nov 9, 2014,
Quote by paruwi
Yeah, I'm a musician for 40+ years....

if I ever need help, I'll ask you

You're older than 40? I couldn't tell, you act and sound exactly like my 12-year-old cousin.
Kudos to you, you must be a hoot at your retirement home, old man.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
CATFIGHT!!!

Someone get the oil & honey!

Olive oil is enough for me, thanks. I'm old-school.

Quote by Robbgnarly
You have no idea how gay that just came across

Oh, believe me, I do have an idea. Since men of 40+ years old tend to be homophobes, I'd like to see the reaction of a certain someone.

Of course, in that picture I'm the young dark-haired fellow with a beard, holding the grey-haired bloke in a headlock.
Well this got out of hand haha! Anyways, thanks for the answers I appreciate it. It might be OK like paruwi said but on the other hand I might just buy a better brand second hand.

Remember to wipe that olive oil off, it will ruin your clothes!
Quote by von_lidl
Well this got out of hand haha! Anyways, thanks for the answers I appreciate it. It might be OK like paruwi said but on the other hand I might just buy a better brand second hand.

Remember to wipe that olive oil off, it will ruin your clothes!

At least the lube should keep his gear in tune.