twatty as hell way to do it given my understanding of post-secondary education tuition changes & such over the last few years in the uk. punishes the group most victimized (students). perspective of an ignorant outsider tho.
well I think the logic is that student complaints will look bad on the uni so more pressure etcectc, my uni's responded by threatening to dock pay at 100% which is ridiculous tho
Quote by steve_muse
well I think the logic is that student complaints will look bad on the uni so more pressure etcectc, my uni's responded by threatening to dock pay at 100% which is ridiculous tho

i'm not saying that it would be an ineffective strategy. i'm just saying it's a shit thing to do to the students that are already getting screwed by the bullshit system and now paying out the arse for a service they wont even get.
Well our tuition fees are covered by the government here so you can't complain from that angle really, still terribly inconvenient tho

edit: I momentarily forgot it's not just scotland lol
Quote by steve_muse
Well our tuition fees are covered by the government here so you can't complain from that angle really, still terribly inconvenient tho

edit: I momentarily forgot it's not just scotland lol

lol 10/10

just want to clarify my stance isn't anti-teacher or anything and they deserve both the pension they were promised and a respectable wage. just wanted to point out what i view to be an unfortunate consequence that deserves consideration
They have a right to strike and if this is the most affected way then so be it. Kinda sucks because could have an impact on peoples grades. This happened at my uni and I was in solidarity with them but luckily the marking boycott didn't affect any of my work.
@thrash ya I get ya

@rapture I think it'll only really have an impact on those really unsure/struggling with whatever paper and the grade/feedback is really beneficial, otherwise it's just annoying