First off, I have to admit that I have a problem: I have an addiction. I think the term used is 'Ibanezism'. I'm addicted to buying cheap Ibanez guitars with plans to upgrade them. Last week I decided to drive 35 minutes away just to get my latest fix: a stock RG3EXFM1 for $160+$8.?? sales tax.

pic: http://i.imgur.com/raYyinO.jpg

The black/grey flamed maple design with the cream-colored binding is a nice touch but I really love the shark-tooth inlays. Together they give this guitar that dark and subtle aggressive look. Not bad for a low-mid-range guitar. I just need to upgrade the pickups now (which I'm still taking suggestions on).

Here's pics of my other 3 Ibanez guitars which I have not shared on here before (aside from the AX7221 in the 7-string/ERG thread).

http://i.imgur.com/kcqygLn.jpg AX7221 completely stock (still trying to find pickups that would physically fit).

http://i.imgur.com/3FUG3F3.jpg My red S421 with some really thick strings on it attempting Drop A/capo to Drop B. I don't think the Wizard III neck likes it though so I might try pulling it off on the RG3 I just bought instead though after I install new pickups. This guitar has a DiMarzio Super Distortion bridge pickup and an Air Norton neck pickup.

http://i.imgur.com/EXGINOG.jpg My bold and beautiful RG2EX1. This one is more of my pride and joy because I love the blue body color and I love the pickups that I installed in it (DiMarzio Gravity Storm neck/X2N bridge). I assembled the guitar from parts that I've bought off of eBay (the pots and knobs are from my old RG120 though). Typically I like to play around in Drop Db with this one.

I know that these aren't flashy or high-end Ibanez guitars, but I do love what I have acquired so far. For my money, I've put together a decent range of options at least.
Last edited by FoX KiLLa at Nov 4, 2014,
Nice. Who says you have to pay $500+ for a good guitar. You find one that works, stick with it!
Although I'm sure that Premiums and Prestiges are awesome, I just don't feel the need or desire to spend that much money on a guitar like that. I happen to like simple cheap guitars that I can just upgrade myself.
Definitely.
I have 1 "expensive" guitar and that's the LTD Explorer I probably paid too much for. It was exactly what I wanted and I still haven't seen any like it around these days.
Quote by ryanbwags
Nice. Who says you have to pay $500+ for a good guitar.

Dean and BC Rich.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I have 2 Deans, and I approve of this message.

I have four and I approve also
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Dean and BC Rich.

+1 haha.

someday you will pick up a higher end prestige and you will know why. but i got a 2570EVSL prestige for $380. threw a crunchlab and a liqufier (JP set) in and she screams.
Quote by FoX KiLLa
Although I'm sure that Premiums and Prestiges are awesome, I just don't feel the need or desire to spend that much money on a guitar like that. I happen to like simple cheap guitars that I can just upgrade myself.

IMHO, the most noticable upgrade from a standard to a Prestige is the thinner neck. The rest is nice also, but since I don't use a floyd and I most frequently upgrade the pickup, the most noticable improvement is the neck.
Last edited by t1mman at Nov 5, 2014,
Quote by t1mman
IMHO, the most noticable upgrade from a standard to a premium is the thinner neck. The rest is nice also, but since I don't use a floyd and I most frequently upgrade the pickup, the most noticable improvement is the neck.

premiums are very underwhelming. my 1570 slays premiums, even my 1570 prestige is inferior to the 2570 or 3550. the 2570 3550 are on par, just that the 2570 comes with shitty pickups. not really a big deal.
Woah! Meant Prestige there, not Premium!

Most of the Prestige neck are 2mm less thick than regular line. THe current line of premiums have 1mm less than the Regular, makes them "in betweener".

One thing about the current Ibanez Line (for RG, at least) in canada is the "offset dots" are almost axclusive to the Premium line. I don't know about you guys, but the Offset Dots, for me, are pure sex!
Quote by t1mman
Woah! Meant Prestige there, not Premium!

Most of the Prestige neck are 2mm less thick than regular line. THe current line of premiums have 1mm less than the Regular, makes them "in betweener".

One thing about the current Ibanez Line (for RG, at least) in canada is the "offset dots" are almost axclusive to the Premium line. I don't know about you guys, but the Offset Dots, for me, are pure sex!

also the Iron Labels aren't bad for the money. the one i demo'd played nicely. but not to the prestige level.