Do you keep listening to it without minding the lyrics or you can't stand them and you stop listening to the song after a couple times?
Unless it's really dumb or nonsensical, yeah I keep listening to it. I don't even know what's being said most of the time anyway.
You should start listening to screamed music. You would stop worrying about lyrics, you won't even know there are lyrics at all.
well if it's a good song it's a good song. obviously the bad lyrics aren't enough to make it unlistenable, otherwise it wouldn't be a good song.
Yeah what the guy with the orange name said.
I was going to name some songs that were ruined by the lyrics, but then I realised I don't like those songs anyway.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Nov 4, 2014,
Quote by mp8andrade
You should start listening to screamed music. You would stop worrying about lyrics, you won't even know there are lyrics at all.

but then it wouldnt be a good song, it would be screamed music.

ololololololololololol
I enjoy listening to Theocracy occasionally, they're (his?) lyrics are sorta like other power metal lyrics (except that the writer actually believe what they write)
I listen to a lot of music with bad lyrics. I find that good lyrics make a song better, but bad lyrics don't really make it worse. Also, listening to only songs with really good lyrics seems like it would get exhausting after a while. Bad lyrics are fun.
Quote by Cardbored
Yeah songs with the n word that rhymes with tigger are a no no for me.

everyone loves sly & the fam though
i got bugs
i got bugs in my room
bugs in my bed
bugs in my ears
their eggs in my head
bugs in my pockets
bugs in my shoes
bugs in the way i feel about you
bugs on my window
trying to get in
they don't go nowhere
waiting, waiting...
bugs on my ceiling
crowded the floor
standing, sitting, kneeling...
a few block the door
and now the question's:
do i kill them?
become their friend?
do i eat them?
raw or well done?
do i trick them?
i don't think they're that dumb
do i join them?
looks like that's the one
i got bugs on my skin
tickle my nausea
i let it happen again
they're always takin' over
i see they surround me, i see...
see them deciding my fate
oh, that which was once...was once up to me...
now it's too late
i got bugs in my room...one on one
that's when i had a chance
i'll just stop now
i'll become naked
and with the...i'll become one
depends on the context really

like most trap music has really terrible cringey lyrics but it's kinda satrical so it can be pretty damn funny at times (I stay high like giraffe pussy-Gucci Mane #FreeGucci)

most Dance Gavin Dance lyrics are purposely nonsensical but that's a part of their appeal (Fuck your ass, I don't want your cereal, you can get your wig split back, I'll be the same ol' G)

When it takes itself way too seriously despite being filled with terrible, cringey lyrics though I can't handle that shit
Listen to it until you start to enjoy it. Or just don't enjoy it and accept that the lyrics are bad.

And now all alone, one's less than two
I've never been better off living lonely
To listen to what you say
I couldn't care less of what you say
Nine Inch Nails taught me to ignore the lyrics and listen for the music/vocal melodies.
I listen to the best parts of the song. If the lyrics aren't good I focus on something else
Typically, I overlook it. This makes me think of Jay-Z's "Show Me What You Got." It's my favorite beat ever but Jay-Z's lyrics and rhythm are so awful in it. That's one I can't really ignore sometimes, so I resort to listening to the instrumental but it was meant to be an instrumental so there's some empty space in there for a verse so it feels like it's missing something.
it's just a fact of life if you listen to groups from non-english-speaking countries writing english lyrics.
If that were the case then the Red Hot Chili Peppers wouldn't exist by now
Quote by neidnarb11890
sometimes bad lyrics are actually good.

i would know, i listen to bob dylan.

This is a bad post.

The sun's not yellow, its chicken.
it's a case-by-case basis. usually bad lyrics are a huge turn off. but what is "good" and "bad" has largely to do with who they are and what they're going for. i don't hold the dead milkmen to the same lyrical standards as i do ted leo because they're completely different.
90% of what I listen to is instrumental, not usually an issue for me. The rest is singer/songwriter stuff, so it's generally the opposite issue.
If the lyrics are bad, I just make up alternative ones about how much whoever wrote the bad lyrics sucks at writing lyrics, and how many bags of dicks they eat on an average day.
On the other end of the spectrum, one of my favourite songs has lyrics I love and instrumentation I hate. I guess it's easier to salvage a song than it is to ruin it with lyrics.
Quote by primusfan
it's a case-by-case basis. usually bad lyrics are a huge turn off. but what is "good" and "bad" has largely to do with who they are and what they're going for. i don't hold the dead milkmen to the same lyrical standards as i do ted leo because they're completely different.

i believe in swordfish