Sorry I know this is a really lame question, but is this good music taste?
Taylor Swift
Bruce Springsteen
Ed Sheeran
Grant Mickelson
Ingrid Michealson
Sara Bareilles
Belle and Sebastian
Joni Mitchell
The Shins
Coldplay
Snow Patrol
Lady Antebellum
Train
James Taylor
Gabrielle Aplin
If the music speaks to you, then that's all that matters. At 14 I listened to everything from rock to jazz to orchestral to big band/swing. Even today at 50, my tastes are pretty eclectic. Don't worry what the crowd says is cool. That's part of the "magic" of music--it means something different to every listener. Just enjoy it!
Good music taste is subjective.

A good tip for life is don't try and base your quality as a person on the music you listen to. You like the music you like, nothing more.
Your taste in music is fine. Please keep in mind that as you mature and change your tastes in music will shift a bit. It's not like you will completely change, but as you develop musically, you will find nuances in styles of music that you may not fully appreciate right now. Keep your mind open and don't let peer groups decide what is 'cool' to listen to. Decide for yourself. You may be really surprised to learn what your favorite artists listen to on the tour bus or at home. The raunchiest heavy metal singer may be an unabashed Frank Sinatra fan off stage. In fact, I'm sure that similar different tastes are lurking in everybody!
Does the music you listen to make you feel good? That's the only thing that matters. **** people's opinions.
want my opinion? hell no

but guess what. my opinion doesnt matter. when you listen to those songs you enjoy them, and i listen to totally different stuff that i enjoy, and thats all there is to it.

Im gonna use this thread as a venue to vent about how much i completely HATE people that shame others for listening to different music. IM so tired of hearing people take personal jabs at others because their music isnt heavy enough, or creative enough, or not serious enough, or too emotional, or too simple...the list goes on. If you dont like that music dont listen to it! but dont call someone a fag for liking word alive, because chances are you could hardly pay them to sit through your favorite burzum song. and just because taylor swift doesnt write songs with very complicated or creative lyrics doesnt mean she isnt an artist! she must be doing something right if more people know her than you. hate doesnt help anybody
/rant

edit: didnt see you put The Shins in there. those guys are great
Last edited by rtfk101 at Nov 12, 2014,
Quote by rtfk101
want my opinion? hell no

but guess what. my opinion doesnt matter. when you listen to those songs you enjoy them, and i listen to totally different stuff that i enjoy, and thats all there is to it.

Im gonna use this thread as a venue to vent about how much i completely HATE people that shame others for listening to different music. IM so tired of hearing people take personal jabs at others because their music isnt heavy enough, or creative enough, or not serious enough, or too emotional, or too simple...the list goes on. If you dont like that music dont listen to it! but dont call someone a fag for liking word alive, because chances are you could hardly pay them to sit through your favorite burzum song. and just because taylor swift doesnt write songs with very complicated or creative lyrics doesnt mean she isnt an artist! she must be doing something right if more people know her than you. hate doesnt help anybody
/rant

edit: didnt see you put The Shins in there. those guys are great

Wow! *slow clap* I agree! Very well said
Some people hold music over others like it's a club thing...this is the most asinine mentality I've ever observed. The ironic part is it usually comes from people who want to promote a healthy music community.

this said, when I was 14 I was fortunate enough to have some people inform me about bands I didn't know about. Sometimes I was given shit but at the end of the day I didn't care.

To my point, I see you like Belle and Sebastian and the Shins. If you haven't listened to em already I'll point you in the direction of THE SHOUT OUT LOUDS. Pretty rad band. Enjoy
I have enough self awareness to admit that not everything I like IS the best or others should like. For instance I can understand how someone might not like the same TV shows as I do. BUT I have enough arrogance to truly believe my taste in music is the best and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Hell I like my rock and blues and metal etc etc yet I find Justin Timberlake weirdly enjoyable.

I don't like half of the artists you've listed. Whatever. Just be yourself and then people like me can't argue about how good or bad it is (which is subjective opinion). As others have said, if it speaks to you then that's all that matters, not the opinions of some miserable *expletive* like me Don't try to be too cool, just relax and continue to grow musically.

Btw I do rather like James Taylor Reminds me of my childhood.
Last edited by mind_meld at Dec 18, 2014,
I don't think that somebody cares about what music we all like.Especially here - in the internet.I only know that you just gave really bad example with BURZUM.
Hi, I think, at my age, I still get interested with the songs rendered by Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift and Coldplay. My favorite among the three is the song of Ed Sheeran entitled "Thinking Out Loud"