Hi Guys,

I want to tune my guitar to C# tuning to play suffocation/dying fetus type music. My guitar has a 25.5 inch scale length and I usually use 10 gauge strings for standard tuning. What pack of strings can give me the same tension i get in standard in C#? BTW I prefer a plain 3rd but if it has too be wound that's fine to. THANKS IN ADVANCE!
I use 11-54 for drop C, but I used them for drop C# a while ago and they seemed alright. That would be where I would start and then go from there if they are too loose or tight.
Quote by Tremolo Bum
I use 11-54 for drop C, but I used them for drop C# a while ago and they seemed alright. That would be where I would start and then go from there if they are too loose or tight.

I don't want to play in drop c# i want to play "C# standard" as in C♯-F♯-B-E-G♯-C♯.
I use Ernie Ball beefy strings, the yellow package or so.

They work very well for me and I like the extra chug they add.

C# Standard is what I primarily play in in my band.
I play in C# Standard and use either EB "Not even slinkies" (.12-.56) or a similar D'Addario set. Recently I've been replacing the 6th string with a single .59 from D'Addario, because I sometimes drop the 6th string to B. I like a little more tension than some people though.
Quote by thequinnster5
I don't want to play in drop c# i want to play "C# standard" as in C♯-F♯-B-E-G♯-C♯.

Sorry, I mistyped. I meant to say I used them for C# standard and drop c. I'm using in drop c or b most of the time though. If I remember right they seemed to be about right for C# standard.
I use ernie ball skinny top/heavy bottom on my guitar in C# and they work great. 25.5 scale.
Quote by TylerKSchrute
I use Ernie Ball beefy strings, the yellow package or so.

They work very well for me and I like the extra chug they add.

C# Standard is what I primarily play in in my band.

What is the plain .22 like? I see people complain about it. Do you think i'm better off with a pack of D'Addario EXL145 which has a plain .20?
Quote by Grawgos
I use ernie ball skinny top/heavy bottom on my guitar in C# and they work great. 25.5 scale.

+1
That is what is on my 25.5" scale guitar and working nicely.
IMO .11's are too floppy for C#. its doable if you stay in C#, but if you drop the 6th sting to B way flabby.