There was this rly annoying girl on my bus and she'd sing that when I was trying to do my math homework
I was more into punk rock when I was a kid, not emo.

And by punk rock I mean Green Day. Not old Green Day, American Idiot Green Day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee_uujKuJMI

I still can't tell if it was actually a good album and I'm just embarrassed because of other ways 14-year old me was dumb, or if it was actually crap and I just liked it because that was the beginning of my disillusionment with politics.

Probably a bit of both.
i could never get into yellowcard and it has everything to do with that ****ing fiddle
Quote by TheChaz
wait since when was yellowcard considered emo by anyone?

"mall emo" is a pejorative term. whether you want to classify it as emo or not is beyond me because i don't care about your petty classifications and smd okay?
Quote by Eastwinn
"mall emo" is a pejorative term. whether you want to classify it as emo or not is beyond me because i don't care about your petty classifications and smd okay?

but like i always thought that mall emo was bands that people thought were emo but arent like mcr not yellowcard because no one actually thought they were emo
Quote by TheChaz
but like i always thought that mall emo was bands that people thought were emo but arent like mcr not yellowcard because no one actually thought they were emo

how about we change the definition to punk bands whose careers were launched entirely by Hot Topic that we also secretly love
I never went through this phase. The closest I got was blink-182 and that doesn't count.

I went through a similar phase where I listened to Linkin Park and Slipknot though and I still think they are good.

I did think that MCR put out a few decent songs but I formed that opinion after my middle school years.
Quote by Eastwinn
how about we change the definition to punk bands whose careers were launched entirely by Hot Topic that we also secretly love

ok makes sense

i listen to mcr all the time and its not even a secret
Quote by TheChaz

this has been said so many times that im not sure if it matters.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i always thought mcr was trash tbh

i always thought you were trash tbh
Some of you guys make me feel old as dirt. My Chemical Romance and Panic At The Disco are 'childhood' bands to some people? Wow.

I like to believe that no one was ever born after the year 2000 and therefore all childhoods took place in the 1990s or earlier.

I can dream, can't I?
Quote by Primus2112

am i more than u bargained for yet
ive
been dyin to tell u anything
u wanna hear
cuz thats just who i am this week~

No Mouse Rat? How could you?
Quote by Primus2112
video

am i more than u bargained for yet
ive