Am been haveing a hard time Finding a way to get Drop C with my 5 string bass. However I don't want to Drop to GCGCF. I like the idea of having a High A. Plus It goes well with my Drop C Guitar. What ganges should I go with? I should say I been playing around with Low C with a .130 to .135 and its great the rest am having problems with. So any ideas you all have let me know. I have found this those C - .120, 90,70,50. yet .35 for A is too much for a change to break.
Best suggestion is to NOT follow your guitar (or guitar players) in terms of bass tuning.
Quote by dspellman
Best suggestion is to NOT follow your guitar (or guitar players) in terms of bass tuning.

Ok I not sure how to use the low G I'll be honest about it .
Last edited by muslimninjaassa at Nov 5, 2014,
Quote by muslimninjaassa
Ok I not sure how to use the low G I'll be honest about it .

Just for lower notes. Transpose, harmonize, whatever. Also, a very common use of the extra low string on a 5 string bass is just to hit lower notes in runs without having to move your hand. Not necessarily all the way down to the low open string but like... say you're playing a pattern that's all right around the E and A strings, 5th-8th frets, and you want to do a quick walk down to the low E and jump right back into the pattern. With the extra low string, you can reach those low notes without having to move your hand down the neck, away from the 5th-8th frets.