Page 1 of 2
We're doing it again! Three years ago we hosted UG's first Smash Bros tournament. It was on Brawl, because Melee wasn't online.

But now there's a new game! So let's do this shit.

THE RULES

- Sign ups are open until Sunday night. In order to sign up, post in this goddamn thread saying so. And post your friend code. You can sign up now and post your code later, but if you don't post your code by the deadline, you'll be disqualified. The tournament starts Monday (or Tuesday if I'm lazy), we're not gonna wait for you (even if I am lazy).

- Three rounds. Two lives. No items. Not even the Smash Ball.

- Every stage must be played in the Omega form (where you press X before selecting the stage and it comes out as a flat platform with no environmental interference)

- If the matches don't follow these rules, the results are invalid. If you cannot provide valid results by the deadline of each round, ur fkd.

- BOTH participants of each match must report back with the results of the match, both stating who won and who lost.

- Each contestant is also responsible for reporting their KOs, Falls, Self Destructs, and Smash Attacks for each match. These results will be totaled for each player at the end of the tournament. This is optional, but it may help you attain BAN IMMUNITY. In order for results to not be skewed, all three matches must be played.

- Players who are eliminated will receive a ban AT THE END of the tournament, however, BAN IMMUNITY is also available for those who excel in each of the above listed categories.

- Ban lengths are proportional to the round of the tournament. The stakes get higher as you inch closer to victory. If we play double elimination, the loser rounds carry extra penalty. However, every player with one loss still has a chance to rise back up to victory. One loss is not the end of the road.

- Players who rank first, second, or third will be exempt from bans, obviously. If we do double elimination, something similar may apply to the participants in the losers rounds.

- Forfeitures will result in a 10 day ban unless you have a good excuse.

BETTING

Don't want to participate? That's okay. You can bet on contestants! As many as you want! You can bet on every round of every match.

If you bet correctly and your predictions come true, you'll earn a point in the better's rankings. If you bet wrong, you get banned for about twelve hours for each wrong guess for up to three guesses. Meaning you'll never be banned for more than a day and a half per each round.

Whoever scores the most points by calling the most matches correctly will.. well, we'll think of something

QUESTION

do we want single or double elimination?

ENTRANTS

me 3196-3256-6977
Fisheth24 1736-0958-3264
archangels 4828-5044-0600
TwinkyFist 3840-7942-3507
Rockford_rocks 2466-3820-3694
Cardbored 0061-0325-0067
Eccentric Moose 4399 0810 7317
Shotgunmerc 4914-5001-2506
muffinduck01 4382-1969-7010
imdeth 4296-2973-0357
dimebagliveson 5386-7921-6207
nashawa 4399-1363-5880
That Old Geezer 3024-6378-0202

Remember, signups are open til Sunday night! If there's anything I forgot or if you have any other questions, just let me know here.
I'm actually looking at them on Amazon now thanks to you.

I will probably have one by the end of the month
I haven't played anyone from UG yet in smash, I would get my ass handed to me probably. I'm just going to put all my eggs with Rockford_Rocks and bet on him.
Haven't played anyone from here, but I'm in. Will post my FC later...

(I main Jigglypuff)

FC 1736-0958-3264
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Nov 6, 2014,
Quote by Hydra150
I'm waiting for the console version release so let's have fun when that happens

^
3DS is for losers
I'm in. My FC is in the Smash thread, but I can post it here if needed.

Seems a little ban heavy on the rules, but I'm mostly just concerned because I'll want to talk about each match afterwards.

You should probably mention this in the Smash thread too. I sometimes only check my stickied threads and I might have missed this one.

I'm okay with single or double elimination, but I think we should stick to 2 stock, since that's the online 1v1 standard.
I've been lurking since like 2008, finally broke down and made an account just for this.

FC: 3840-7942-3507

Currently maining Mario, Duck Hunt, and Pac-Man.

I'll probably get destroyed and never post again, but I guess that's ok.
Last edited by TwinkyFist at Nov 5, 2014,
It would most likely be a glass house of tremendous shit talking in this thread, only to go out in the first round
Quote by eGraham
I'm actually looking at them on Amazon now thanks to you.
You can't steal from Amazon, dummy. They won't let you.

Of course, with their prices, everything is a steal!!! Hahaaa! Yeah! You feel me?! Ha!
Remind me to post my friend code. Do we have to register characters? Or should we just leave it up to surprise?

Double elimination. I agree with two stock as well since three is going to add that much more time to each match.

Are Smash Attacks tallied by the game itself? Because I doubt I will even need them.

On a general note, I am expecting salt from all who I massacre. If I lose, I will post a video citing who defeated me, why they won, and then punish myself.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
You can't steal from Amazon, dummy. They won't let you.

Of course, with their prices, everything is a steal!!! Hahaaa! Yeah! You feel me?! Ha!

Please josh, you're bringing us down
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I bet against Jay in every match from this point forward

I bet in favor of Jay in every match from this point forward.

Here's hoping his video game abilities are better than his getting into med school abilities.
Quote by severed-metal

On a general note, I am expecting salt from all who I massacre. If I lose, I will post a video citing who defeated me, why they won, and then punish myself.

Bring it on big boy

Oh wait I'm not in it nvm
Yeah I can't really buy both versions of the game (my 3DS isn't even really my 3DS anymore, it basically belongs to my 2 year old brother now) but if you do this again when the Wii U version comes out, i'll join.

I'm shit at Smash though. I played Smash 64 a fair amount, but only played a small bit of Melee and never played Brawl.
I did play some Melee recently in an emulator, and am playing Brawl off and on also on an emulator, and i'm pretty bad. I'm still working on getting everything down against level 5 CPU.
OP has been updated.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I bet against Jay in every match from this point forward
Duly noted, I'll hold you to that.
Quote by Cardbored
I'd join but I only have time to play on weekends
That's okay, each round of the tournament will be at most one week long so that everyone has plenty of time to work around their schedules. Rounds will advance quicker if everyone finishes early, especially in later rounds, and the loser rounds for double eliminations will be played concurrently with the undefeated rounds.
Quote by archangels
I'm in. My FC is in the Smash thread, but I can post it here if needed.

Seems a little ban heavy on the rules, but I'm mostly just concerned because I'll want to talk about each match afterwards.

You should probably mention this in the Smash thread too. I sometimes only check my stickied threads and I might have missed this one.

I'm okay with single or double elimination, but I think we should stick to 2 stock, since that's the online 1v1 standard.
Good idea, I've changed the rules to 2 lives. I'll also pop in the Smash thread as well.

As for the bans, the bans will only be administered after the tournament is over, at least for the contestants. Betters will serve time immediately. Participants will be given enough time to discuss the results at the end of the tournament as well.
Quote by TwinkyFist
I've been lurking since like 2008, finally broke down and made an account just for this.

FC: 3840-7942-3507

Currently maining Mario, Duck Hunt, and Pac-Man.

I'll probably get destroyed and never post again, but I guess that's ok.
Welcome to the pit, I hope you stick around.
Quote by severed-metal
Remind me to post my friend code. Do we have to register characters? Or should we just leave it up to surprise?

Double elimination. I agree with two stock as well since three is going to add that much more time to each match.

Are Smash Attacks tallied by the game itself? Because I doubt I will even need them.

Double elimination it is.

You can leave the characters up to surprise. It's how we did it last time, worked well enough.

The game tallies smash attacks in the post-game stats.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I bet in favor of Jay in every match from this point forward.

Here's hoping his video game abilities are better than his getting into med school abilities.
Hey, I got in
Yeah I guess I'll play lol

Gimme a sec to look up my FC

2466-3820-3694

Quote by That Old Geezer
I haven't played anyone from UG yet in smash, I would get my ass handed to me probably. I'm just going to put all my eggs with Rockford_Rocks and bet on him.

Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Nov 6, 2014,
^added you guys
Quote by TwinkyFist
Is there a way to post replay videos on here?
unfortunately replays aren't saved as videos on the 3ds, they're just recreations of the matches based on input information.

The only way to share replays is if you have a capture card for your 3ds.
Two new accounts just for the tournament? This is going better than I expected already.

Here's my friend code for future reference:
4828-5044-0600

Quote by Amuro Jay
The only way to share replays is if you have a capture card for your 3ds.

That's disappointing. I may have to stoop to recording my 3DS screen with my phone.
Quote by Amuro Jay
Duly noted, I'll hold you to that.

You don't scare me I hope you eat your wheaties before your matches kid cuz youre gonna need em
Might have to count me out because I stepped on my 3DS with my big dumb boots after my cat knocked it onto the floor. Well then. I'll post back if I can get it working but outlook is grim.

EDIT: I will probably be in for the Smash WiiU one since my roommate is getting it, assuming there is one.
Page 1 of 2