Page 1 of 2
What, in your collection of music, is different from the rest?

For me:

Christina Aguilera's Back to Basics
There's also a Glitch Mob remix in there somewhere, a few Lights songs.
The Meters - Cissy Strut
Three Ariana Grande songs
Some Taylor Swift songs
A Keith Urban album
A Brad Paisley album
Anna Kendrick - Cups

I've recently gotten into jazz so that's an outlier for now.

hby
Probably the Gilbert & Sullivan stuff(Pirates of Penzance, HMS Pinafore, The Mikado and some other stuffs), the Corries, and a few bits and pieces of pipe band music.

No Jimmy Shand, though.
I have a few horrible charred blackened technical grind death stoner metal core albums from dropbox that some spergs uploaded other than that it's all good musics
i have a Monty Python "Matching Tie and Handkerchief" record.

i haven't actually listened to it yet.

there's also a bunch of crap in my library from shit my aunt wanted me to download for her.

also some old old 50's record that my grandfather wanted me to put onto a cd for him, but now it's more or less a record i put on the end of my others to keep them from getting damaged.
All of my music is different from each other. I guess the most outlandish is an album of birds.
I don't think there are any real outliers, seeing as there's a lot of different types of music that appeal to me, so I'm more to have more than just one song/album/artist for most genres.

I do have André Rieu in my library because I had to rip some CD's for my grandma. Not really big on Strauss and stuff, even though I did go to one of Andre's concerts.
I don't do rap much, but when you find Dr. Octoganocologist on vinyl for $20, you have to buy it.
For me it's Charlie Simpson's solo stuff. I'm usually not big on folk, but I like his music.
I've got some Trick Daddy and Tupac. And I'm mostly country and rock
Black Parade and Danger Days by My Chemical Romance
Blackwater Park and Ghost Reveries by Opeth
Songs From the Big Chair by Tears for Fears

Those are pretty much my haystack needles
an oasis album, couple protest the hero albums, sheepdogs album, bjork album and some tnght ep thing. probably a few terrible punk bands and american football nonsense as well.

mostly listen to shoegaze, dream pop, indie rock/folk, psychedelic pop, jazz, idm & things of that nature. so they are outliers i guess. i dunno, feel free 2 hate
99% of my library is japanese rock, pop, indie, and anime soundtracks.

But I also have Childish Gambino's Because the Internet in there.
The new U2 album

(Geddit)?
Last edited by steve_muse at Nov 5, 2014,
I have a case full of hardcore, metalcore, and metal in general.
Randomly in there a have a Boston album. Lol
I have a couple of Berlin Philharmonic records (Mahler and R.Strauss), but my library contains everything from gangsta rap to opeth to free jazz, so not much really stands out!
I bought the Skrillex CD, Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites the other day.

I know...

I also own the Eminem Greatest Hits, which is the only rap album I own. Plus I have some Backstreet Boys and N'Sync from the 90s when everyone was in love with them
Spheres of Fury (Techdiff Remix) is the only dubstep song I have that isn't part of a mix playlist, if that counts.

I have no clue what to call Les Négresses Vertes. (avantgarde French folk?)

I have a pretty even mix of everything else
Eddie Palmieri.
Some 'K-pop' I got from soundcloud (not big names)
A few metal bands (outliers because I never listen to metal anymore outside of these few)
Black Swan (only drone artist, but not really an outlier because I have some other ambient music)
A few flamenco artists
A couple of classical artists

I think that's basically it. The rest neatly falls into hip-hop, pop/'RnB', rock, and what I label 'pretty shit'. Edit: I guess Seu Jorge is an outlier too. There's probably more I'm not thinking of.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Nov 5, 2014,
Will - "I have this one where they use samples from an electric guitar, but it has sick wobs m8."
I have one Cypress Hill song because it has Tom Morello on it
Also only have two Metallica songs (One and Enter Sandman, shoot me)

The biggest outlier would have to be Renegades by Styx, though. Heard it in guitar hero and loved it since, but haven't given anything else by them a chance.
A Journey album. not sure of the name, but its a solid album and very different from my cc records.
I have a few death metal bands like Death but for the most part I never cared for them.

Most of my outliers I had a few years ago aren't outliers anymore
i don't even have a music collection but i realized today how much i like that "I'M THE PARALYZER I WANT TO BE STUCK BY YOU I WANNA MAKE YOU MOVE IF YOUR BODY MATCHES WHAT YOUR EYES CAN DO" or whatever song
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i don't even have a music collection but i realized today how much i like that "I'M THE PARALYZER I WANT TO BE STUCK BY YOU I WANNA MAKE YOU MOVE IF YOUR BODY MATCHES WHAT YOUR EYES CAN DO" or whatever song

lmao I didn't have any other music source so I turned the radio on a couple days ago and they're still playing that song every day on "rock" stations
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

-anecdote about how my brother almost joined that band before they made it-
I had a Chicago Album in there somewhere, before I lost all my music and had to download and rip all my cds again. I only wanted two songs anyway.
There's a handful of T-Rex songs (cannot for the life of me remember why)
Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms
AFI used to be my favorite band like 8-10 years ago, but since then I've got more into ethnic music, folk, and metal, so they're kinda the outlier now.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by MinterMan22
i have a rolling stones album in my library & im not exactly sure why

which 1
I listened to a Paul Simon album on there, not the african one, it was pretty good I guess
Quote by RylanThePotato
a lot more metalcore than i care to admit

i had a dark childhood

I feel that, dawg. Some of it managed to stick to my collection, though. There are a few diamonds in the rough of chugging breakdowns, that dreadful 100xxx chord, and china cymbals.
lorde - pure heroine
ratatat - classics
kendrick lamar - good kid, m.a.a.d. city
Page 1 of 2