Are there any products that act as a speaker simulator AND a dummy speaker load for tube amps? I would like to plug my amps direct in for silent recording. I also want to use an external speaker simulator, not ones in my computer.

Also, stereo capabilities would be great too, otherwise I'd have to buy 2 of these. Is there a product out there like that? I know I can get emulators and dummy loads separate, I'm just wondering if there's one product that will do what I want. Thanks!
Rivera rock crusher.

Or, taking up trashed's idea, get an interface and use amp sims.
It's gonna sound better unless you have pretty damn good amps (or you wanna play clean stuff mostly) and in any case it's gonna be hella more convenient.
Quote by Roc8995
Palmer PGA04, Two Note Torpedo.

This.
Check out the Palmer stuff. It ain't cheap, but it's some of the best gear available. I had a PDI03 for years.
Quote by xXBansheeXx

Also, stereo capabilities would be great too, otherwise I'd have to buy 2 of these.

Think this through. If you don't have stereo coming out of your tube amp, there's no reason to have stereo load boxes.
Quote by xXBansheeXx
Are there any products that act as a speaker simulator AND a dummy speaker load for tube amps? I would like to plug my amps direct in for silent recording. I also want to use an external speaker simulator, not ones in my computer.

Also, stereo capabilities would be great too, otherwise I'd have to buy 2 of these. Is there a product out there like that? I know I can get emulators and dummy loads separate, I'm just wondering if there's one product that will do what I want. Thanks!

And, oh by the way, you've just identified one of the best reasons to ignore the tube amp business altogether and just pick up a Pod HD and a Torpedo C.A.B.

The C.A.B. not only provides IR-based cabinet models (or you can model your own amp), but also has power amp modeling built in (EL34, KT88, etc.).
Quote by dspellman
Think this through. If you don't have stereo coming out of your tube amp, there's no reason to have stereo load boxes.

It's not for running a dual mono signal path, that's redundant. It's for running two different amps together in one track. I also use a JC120 with stereo chorus for my cleans, so I would need one for that as well.

You all have offered up some great options, but I don't feel like spending upwards of $700 for something I'll end up needing two of anyways. I record in Garageband just for some rough demo's, I'm not in the market for high end recording equipment. I think the best thing for what I'm looking for would be like 2 Hughes & Kettner Red Box's and 2 separate dummy loads. I'll probably end up making the dummy load myself unless someone knows of a small inexpensive dummy speaker load that I can buy.
Quote by xXBansheeXx
It's not for running a dual mono signal path, that's redundant. It's for running two different amps together in one track. I also use a JC120 with stereo chorus for my cleans, so I would need one for that as well..

It's a solid state amp -- you probably don't need a load at all. And there's already a DI out on it. Just unplug the speakers.
If you're just doing rough Garage Band recording, why not just use software speaker cabinet emulation? I think you may be making your recording process a lot more complicated and expensive than you need to.
It is possible to overthink this. Free amp sims on the net are just too good not to use. Making the recording process into a science experiment often loses the music along the way. Don't ask me how I know this.

K.I.S.S. just works.
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Nov 6, 2014,