good evening

just received my laney IRT studio that i ordered one month ago exactly

now why i took the amp one moth to arrive here is the story

at first i though tthomann store is based in the UK not Germany so it will take one or two days to arrive to my uk address but then i saw that the amp leaving a city called kolmn or something like that but before that i didnt notice that the amp is out of stock and it need 15 days till its available ok i will wait ( i sold my orange cr60 amp by that time) and got a temporary 70$ amp i dont know the company

....... its the 27th of October parcelforce.com says that the amp has arrived to my shipping address the shipping company didnt send me any notification that it arrived ( usually the send me an email after two hours from receiving) any way i though its a normal thing its my first time ordering from the uk but after day i sent them an email and the said that i but the wrong address and the amp is on its way to saudi arabia instead of bahrain .... so now the amp went to KSA > UAE > and finally bahrain (this amp traveled in 5 days more than i did in my whole life )

so i got it today played it for 15 minuets because i had to leave for my night shift

now the question(im new to this whole thing) my orange cab has two input on the back not (8 ohm-16 ohm) it doesn't say anything i tried them both couldn't fell the difference so what is it
LOL

Nice scores Is it any good?

Do you have a pic of the back of the cab? If it doesn't say anything, though, odds are it's just a second jack in parallel with the first, which lets you link two cabs together at the cabinet (which is handy if your amp only has the one speaker jack socket, which some amps do). As far as I'm aware (though don't quote me ) I think you can use either jack in that case. It's not like mono/stereo operation where you very definitely have to use the right jack (and associated settings on the switch) or bad things can happen.
Nice score, I can't tell if that Orange is a 2X12 or a 4X12! Assuming it's a 2X12

I would have assumed it's mono/stereo. But I think Dave's conclusion is a good one also.
Quote by Dave_Mc
LOL

Nice scores Is it any good?

Do you have a pic of the back of the cab? If it doesn't say anything, though, odds are it's just a second jack in parallel with the first, which lets you link two cabs together at the cabinet (which is handy if your amp only has the one speaker jack socket, which some amps do). As far as I'm aware (though don't quote me ) I think you can use either jack in that case. It's not like mono/stereo operation where you very definitely have to use the right jack (and associated settings on the switch) or bad things can happen.

thanks dave so far so good but i really expect more from the EQ pull switches

and i think you are right about that its to link two cabs i forgot to take a picture
Quote by Fisheth24
Nice score, I can't tell if that Orange is a 2X12 or a 4X12! Assuming it's a 2X12

I would have assumed it's mono/stereo. But I think Dave's conclusion is a good one also.

thanks man

yep its orange ppc212
^ yeah sometimes switches do a lot and sometimes they're pretty subtle, it just depends. they can do too much, too, so you can go too far the other way

according to the orange site it has two parallel input jacks, so yeah, it should be ok to use either I think.
Great amp for the money. How do you like it? Not sure what genres you're playing through it but I remember trying the 50W head version of this a while ago and found it too muddy. The built-in pre-boost to overdrive the rhythm/lead channels didn't seem to tighten up the tone either, no matter how I EQ'd it, and regardless of how much gain I did or didn't use.

Ended up with an EVH mini head in the end but would get one of these as a secondary amp to go towards building my home studio.

Oh, and did it come with the rack mount "ears"?! (needs a better word I think) Pictures show that it doesn't default with the mounting holes on the side at the front, but there are screw holes to attach the correct device to rack mount, did it come with that?
Quote by Ippon
How does it sound with the new SG?

there is still something missing to get that iommi tone
Maybe a treble booster? Vox had a Brit Boost pedal that did nail the Rangemaster or whatever that early booster he had.
Quote by Lavatain
Great amp for the money. How do you like it? Not sure what genres you're playing through it but I remember trying the 50W head version of this a while ago and found it too muddy. The built-in pre-boost to overdrive the rhythm/lead channels didn't seem to tighten up the tone either, no matter how I EQ'd it, and regardless of how much gain I did or didn't use.

Ended up with an EVH mini head in the end but would get one of these as a secondary amp to go towards building my home studio.

Oh, and did it come with the rack mount "ears"?! (needs a better word I think) Pictures show that it doesn't default with the mounting holes on the side at the front, but there are screw holes to attach the correct device to rack mount, did it come with that?

once i get a free time i will get to know the amp better.... i liked it but still there is some messing around to do but i really need a free time (3 night shifts in a row ) i tried the same settings that i used on my orange cr 60 and didnt like the tone

there was extra boxes and a bag i didn't opend them i think one has the foot switch so maybe the (rack mount "ears" ) is in one of them

i play sabbath / alice in chains /RATM / and "blues" most of the time

the pre-boost was the first thing i tried played over some a minor tracks on the lead channel it was good but i think a pedal will do better (the mxr gt-od is on my list for a long time)

played rooster and ain't like that AIC on the rhythm channel liked the tone

didnt spend alot of time trying the cleans im gonna spend some time on it once i finish work

this amp fits alot of my needs though i was going to get the orange or15h since it was sold on a local shop and it was going to save me some time and money but i called my friend and he said it was out of stock until February next year
Quote by diabolical
Maybe a treble booster? Vox had a Brit Boost pedal that did nail the Rangemaster or whatever that early booster he had.

yep there is some Rangemaster clons with the exact shape of the old pedal but i dont think they are anything close to the original

i maybe end up with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeMFmkSo654
^ does the sabbra cadabra let you run the rangemaster bit of it independently from the rest of the pedal? if so, it might be worth a try (assuming it's what you want... I don't know since I haven't tried your amp or a rangemaster )
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ does the sabbra cadabra let you run the rangemaster bit of it independently from the rest of the pedal? if so, it might be worth a try (assuming it's what you want... I don't know since I haven't tried your amp or a rangemaster )

I don't know but it looks like there's a seperate drive knob for the Rangemaster and the Fuzz (Range + Gain) so maybe you can.

I'm just assuming though. I've never used the pedal in person. Heck I haven't even seen one in person
^ Yeah i watched the video a good while back, but I can't remember. if the knobs are separate it might let you, but it'd also be dependent on the rest of the circuit being out of the signal path when the knobs are at 0 (which may well not be the case, plenty of dirt pedals still have some distortion with the gain knob on 0, for example).