Surprised by this sad news. Never owned one but they seemed to be pretty good from all reports. Thoughts on how this will affect Rondo? This could be a big game changer for them and I'm very curious to see what happens.
^this

I highly doubt they'd pull what is probably one of their top selling models and one of the best Les Paul copies out there.
They sent out an email today, direct quote:

Those of you who have been with us for a while may remember the AL-2000 and AL-3010 SE models were introduced as "for a limited time only". That limited time has ended up being quite a bit longer than expected. However unfortunately their time has finally come. Production costs have increased to the point those models will no longer be practical in 2015. I am not expecting any lower prices or new sales, as the $225 price on the AL-2000 already makes it the lowest priced high quality Korea made set neck guitar on the market. However the AL-2000 and 3010SE models listed on the site now are all that remain. So if you have even been considering one. Now is the time. The good news is we have managed to lower the price on the AL-3100M models about $200 from $599 to $399 and at the same time improved the quality. The same is true for the AL-3200 models and we will be increasing our stock of these models early in the new year. Thanks for listening, and your comments are welcome as always!
Kurt
I just priced out a modest custom guitar based on the 3200. I got blue-burst flame, stainless frets, the agile alnico v humbuckers, binding front and back and the countoured heel and belly cut plus a hardcase quoted for about 397 bucks.

That didn't sound right to me (too low i thought) but it also took me to a page that said they were "out of stock" on custom guitars, so i might have been ordering a guitar from an incorrect price list.

It's too bad if the 2000s are being discontinued but I think Agile will still have good prices on good guitars.

And I have been watching the overlap between the agile, douglas and hadron models and thinking there was too much overlap anyways. i bet Agile is going to be positioned as the upscale line and the others will fill the role that epiphone and squier fill.
Quote by paul.housley.7
I just priced out a modest custom guitar based on the 3200. I got blue-burst flame, stainless frets, the agile alnico v humbuckers, binding front and back and the countoured heel and belly cut plus a hardcase quoted for about 397 bucks.

That didn't sound right to me (too low i thought) but it also took me to a page that said they were "out of stock" on custom guitars, so i might have been ordering a guitar from an incorrect price list.

It's too bad if the 2000s are being discontinued but I think Agile will still have good prices on good guitars.

And I have been watching the overlap between the agile, douglas and hadron models and thinking there was too much overlap anyways. i bet Agile is going to be positioned as the upscale line and the others will fill the role that epiphone and squier fill.

The price on the final price sheet after picking options is the first deposit. The other 50% is due upon shipping. It's a bit confusing how they set it up, but usually that number is half of what the total is.
Quote by TheStig1214
The price on the final price sheet after picking options is the first deposit. The other 50% is due upon shipping. It's a bit confusing how they set it up, but usually that number is half of what the total is.

Actually, it's even more confusing than that. It *USED* to be 50%, but there's now a set price for the second half of the price (let's say $275) and the price that you're running up is the initial deposit. When the guitar actually arrives, you just pay the $275.

They have been irregular about the custom order feature and for a while it happened about once every six months for a two-week period and then you were done. I think, at the time, they were using the factory's prototyping shop to do up the custom orders. We've lost a few items along the way -- on my custom there's a wide *and* slim neck profile (1 3/4" width at the nut, "slim" depth) and a 16" radius fretboard. Really really nice. And when I ordered it, I called Kurt with a few questions and he offered a full-thickness figured maple cap (until then, the caps were very thin figured veneer only over a plain cap). They did a spectacular job on the guitar.
Quote by TheStig1214
^this

I highly doubt they'd pull what is probably one of their top selling models and one of the best Les Paul copies out there.

I got the same email. Order up while you can. On the other hand, the 3100M now comes standard with a full thickness maple cap for pretty much the same $400 price tag as the old 3100 (veneer cap), so that's a major step forward.

And the 3200, with neck-through construction and the Axcess-style neck and tummy cut makes considering a Gibson Studio a real exercise in "are you kidding me?"