Hey guys,

I need your help to figure out how to achieve a guitar sound I love. Check out the video below, specifically the guitar solo that starts at 0:36 mins (I know, it's the "Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs" theme song, please don't judge ).

How do they get this chorus-like effect? It sounds like multiple guitars playing in unison or something. Or is this a chorus effect with one voice a fifth or an octave above the root? I can't seem to figure out what's going on here.

If you know, please help .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKxWl4PcBY4

Thanks a lot!

Alex
Yeah, sounds like a doubling effect of some sort, not even really a harmony, just the same note. I'd look at a harmonizer, chorus or octaver.

Though how they probably did it is just double tracking the solo. I'm just giving you options how to do it live.
Quote by TheStig1214
Yeah, sounds like a doubling effect of some sort, not even really a harmony, just the same note. I'd look at a harmonizer, chorus or octaver.

Though how they probably did it is just double tracking the solo. I'm just giving you options how to do it live.

Thanks so much for your help! I've listened to it so many times by now, I can't even think straight. I tried all sorts of intervals and I believe what I hear in there is a minor third. And then potentially some doubling effects on top, but I believe those alone couldn't get you that sound. I'll keep trying stuff, thanks for your input!
That my young fellow is harmonizing. A pitch shifting effect (3rd, 5ths 7ths etc) is blended with the original pitch by the effect. It works best with single note lines and best with expensive effects.